Riding clipless help

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 8:34 Quote
Just made the switch to clipless and i purchased a mallet e. Is there any tips you guys could give me? havig a hard time clipping out, and riding technical trails with them is terrifying!

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 8:46 Quote
you can adjust some pedals and practice you will fall when learning

FL
Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 9:30 Quote
If you're having trouble unclipping, i assume you mean that the shoes are gripping the pedals as you unclip? If so, check the traction pads are the thin ones and the pins are wound down. Also do you have the plastic shims under the cleats? I have to have them with my mallet e's and five ten shoes otherwise its too tight for me to unclip.

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 10:04 Quote
CB also has two different cleats in each set. One of them has a dot on it an unclips significantly easier than the other. Put that one on the foot that you usually put down when you roll to a stop.

And as others have mentioned, make sure that the pins and shims are adjusted to your preference.

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 10:06 Quote
im going to be 100% honest here. crankbrothers in my personal opinion are really hard to clip out up. i recently switched to spd and they clip in and out better.

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 10:34 Quote
Clipless shoes are a mind f*ck, Mallets are hard to get out of, if you have supination or pronation of your ankles you need to get the cleats set up properly, i could never un-clip my left foot and gave up. I bought some AM9 shoes and the shop set them up with lasers and stuff, remarkable improvement.

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 9:25 Quote
I did the 15 degree set-up for the mallets Adjusted the cleats at the shoe, so far the right foot is easy to clip out of once i get the angle riht on the cleats, but the left foot is a nightmare getting out off! Scary since i usually ride gnarly trails.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009237
Mobile Version of Website