Norco Sight Size: at 5' 6'', Small or Medium ?

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Sight Size: at 5' 6'', Small or Medium ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 12:50 Quote
The title says it all.

Curious to know if there are any 5' 6'' riders on a Sight here ? you picked small or medium ?

(inseam is 30'')

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 16:02 Quote
The 2016 and older norcos run a little small I would go up a size. I am 5'8" and the medium range is a bit small should have gone to a large.

Posted: May 3, 2017 at 5:50 Quote
mtbernz wrote:
The 2016 and older norcos run a little small I would go up a size. I am 5'8" and the medium range is a bit small should have gone to a large.

Thanks for the reply mate.

O+
Posted: May 5, 2017 at 9:40 Quote
I'd go with a medium.

I'm 5'6/30" too and started with a small but found it a little tight (2015 model). I went to a medium when my frame was warranteed and it was WAY more comfortable on climbs and long rides.

Mod O+
Posted: May 16, 2017 at 6:58 Quote
I just picked up the new 2017 Norco Sight and I am just a hair under 5' 7". I purchased the Medium and the top tube actually felt a bit small to me. I got the C7.2 which comes with a 60mm stem, and I had to buy a 70mm for it to feel right. I test rode both the C7 and C9 and the cockpit felt the same, though the C9 had a 50mm stem.

They definitely run smaller then all the other mediums I test rode from manufacturers bikes in the same category

Posted: May 20, 2017 at 19:28 Quote
@ Todd . Just did a car park test on a large Sight C9.2 and felt a little long but that probably because I am use to my medium 2016 range that is short.I am 5'8". How do you find your sight on rowdy trails if you ride any? I am conflicted between the Range and Sight.

Mod O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2017 at 16:17 Quote
It does well on Rowdy trails, but I think it would feel a bit more stable the front wheel was just a hair further in ff me.

Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 22:14 Quote
Hey, I ride 2015 Norco Sight in medium size and I completely get what you mean.. I'm 5'6 and its is right at the border of both frame size. For me, there's no right or wrong, I tried both small and medium size at the shop and found that the frames do run alittle small. Legs felt confined with the Small frame, but Medium frame 's top tube is borderline crotch breaking with a 30' inseam from groundpoint. That being said, you might find it hard to replace seatpost in the future if you buy Medium frame because being 5'6 you're running very short on the factory stem already and not a lot of seatpost are sold in shorter length.

In the end, for me I find the medium size allows me to fully use my legs for the climbs. It's an awesome fit and the bike is a complete beast on the trail, up and down!

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 0:59 Quote
I just tested a 2017 Sight 1 and 2 in medium. The Sight 1 comes with a 150 dropper. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. The dropper was about 1.5" too high for me with the RF Turbine jammed as far down as it could go. I then tried the Sight 2 which comes with a 125mm dropper. It's about 5mm too high still!

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2017 at 19:58 Quote
old-banshee-rider wrote:
I just tested a 2017 Sight 1 and 2 in medium. The Sight 1 comes with a 150 dropper. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. The dropper was about 1.5" too high for me with the RF Turbine jammed as far down as it could go. I then tried the Sight 2 which comes with a 125mm dropper. It's about 5mm too high still!

Did you decide on either bike? I just test rode the 2017 medium Sight A7.2. It was slightly too high for me. I'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam. I'm going to look for a dropper with less travel. I actually came on to this thread to find out the travel on the stock RF dropper for the medium frame. Looks like I'll need a 100mm dropper if I move forward with a purchase.

Posted: Dec 20, 2017 at 11:22 Quote
If it helps anyone, I just bought a 2017 large, I am 5'10" and it fits great!

Posted: Dec 28, 2017 at 10:28 Quote
szakreski wrote:
old-banshee-rider wrote:

Did you decide on either bike? I just test rode the 2017 medium Sight A7.2. It was slightly too high for me. I'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam. I'm going to look for a dropper with less travel. I actually came on to this thread to find out the travel on the stock RF dropper for the medium frame. Looks like I'll need a 100mm dropper if I move forward with a purchase.

Sorry haven't been on in a while. I ended up getting a medium Range and size wise it's perfect for me. Love the extra travel.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011512
Mobile Version of Website