Angleset. Is anyone using one?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Angleset. Is anyone using one?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 1:16 Quote
Hi everyone.

Is anyone using an angleset? How many degrees? Have you noticed any real difference or is it just placebo? Did the slacker head angle affected your performance in tight switchbacks?

Thank you in advance.

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 8:45 Quote
I have a 1.5 degree angle set on my Spartan. Yes the front being slacker feels great on the downhills and will make the steering less precise when going slower such as when pedaling uphill. But with slacking out the front it also slightly lowered the front in turn steepening the seat post which I think may have actually made pedaling uphill a little easier.

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 4:43 Quote
Great. Thank you very much for the feedback. What angleset did you use? Works, CC?

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 9:44 Quote
Hi guys, sorry for my inglese first :-), doug could you write few impressions from running spartan with -1,5°, I just have built spartan for myself all is great about a bike besides pretty uncomfortable steep HA even in low setting. So Im planning to buy works -1,0° ... Isnt 1,5 you have, too much? Im used to slackness from my DH bike and I love very steep terrain but still on spartan I would like to keep some playfulness etc.so thinking 1° should be fine, which forks are you running?

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 11:44 Quote
Poeple say that -1 degree is noticeable but I will most probably buy a -2 in order to go as slack as I can.

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 12:01 Quote
i use work components angle sets on both my bike. great product for a fair price. CC is also top quality but u also pay top dollars Big Grin

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 11:14 Quote
I have a works 1.5 angle set and a Boxxer World Cup lowered to 180mm (same axle to crown height as a 170mm Lyric). If I am remembering it correctly I should have about a 64 degree head angle. The plan was to build a true mini DH bike that can actually climb to the trail head.

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 11:39 Quote
thanks for feedback, that sounds ok. Im running stock pike 160mm so my HA will be bit steeper than yours... and when you riding around on flat or some easier trail does the handling fells ok? and dont you feel that its too much even in park? Now I like idea of 1,5 better - as there is always option to switch to high setting where HA will be around 65 which is for me great for crosscountry like riding, so I guess with that option it makes sense to go slack as possible. I just dont want to kill the bike feeleng.. thats my concern but I like very slack bikes. sorry for novel post :-) its a tough decision for me

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 12:24 Quote
The handling feels ok at slower speeds such as when on flat or climbing trails where as a steeper head angle will have a more precise and nimble feel in those conditions but that is not what excites me. I prefer technical DH and wanted a bike that can climb to the top but still feel as close as possible to my Wilson when descending back down.

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 13:23 Quote
Finally I ordered the -2 angleset and really looking forward to trying it. Once I do I will post back.

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 13:59 Quote
that sounds perfect to me... Im doing lot of climbing to the DH trails but if difference to stock angle is lets say tolerable Im fine with that. As I said I have DH bike as well and even with 64 HA I dont complain about angle when sometimes I go uphil. And I hope that as spartan is enduro so up/down geo, climbing ability should not be harmed completely by angleset. I will then report back too when I got one.

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 8:14 Quote
Hi All, just if you are still interested... finally I made change on my spartan by works -1,5° and all I can say ... awesome. thats what bike needed to be in line with my DH bike on the way down. no downsides so far. No wjheel wandering on ascentd. Actually I didnt notice any different on the way up. And my impression also is that 1,5° is not giant difference just accurate. so I suggest go bigger if you can.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007255
Mobile Version of Website