cube. opinions reliabilty ??

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
cube. opinions reliabilty ??
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 8:06 Quote
hey after some advice been lookin for a trail/enduro bike and like the look of the cube stereo and fritz. anyone ere own a cube or has experience with them. was wondering on reliabillty and genral views. cheers fir any help

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 13:20 Quote
charlieb1984 wrote:
hey after some advice been lookin for a trail/enduro bike and like the look of the cube stereo and fritz. anyone ere own a cube or has experience with them. was wondering on reliabillty and genral views. cheers fir any help
im in the same boat mate,looking at the 180 fritzz,looks a good bike,I'm only after a frame really,but they seem to come up short on the reach,the 18" is a small cockpit,but the 20" will be like sitting on a gate,it's all a bit confusing.Seem a bit non standard

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 14:07 Quote
I had a Cube Stereo HPA 160 2015 which I rode in Zermatt. Liked it and had no issues, but sold it the same season due to the geometry. Bought a slacker Transition Patrol and found it to give me much more confidence.

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 21:41 Quote
eivinn wrote:
I had a Cube Stereo HPA 160 2015 which I rode in Zermatt. Liked it and had no issues, but sold it the same season due to the geometry. Bought a slacker Transition Patrol and found it to give me much more confidence.
the fritzz is will 65 dergree ha,slack enough for me.Whats size did you have?how tall are you?how did you find the reach?

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 14:40 Quote
I had a size M and I'm 177cm tall. The reach on the Cube is short compared to other brands. I'm more confident with a bit less than too long a reach. Knocked my knees quite a few times standing but no other issues with the sizing.

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 0:51 Quote
x2 alloy fritz x2 carbon steroes and a gtc carbon hartail frames. zero lasted 6 months of riding each for my poor mate. (the hartail was actully about 48 hours after he picked it up and was riding round a flat park as he coudnt wait to take it out ) they eat those tiny bearings and are very tall and short. doesnt dare take it his stereo on a uplift. so makes it the most pointless 160 bike in history to me. rides his vitus hartail everywhere now.
light and cheap f#!k strong seems the cube way.
them sponsored riders must go through frames at evey race or they have special ones made up.
he is a fast hard rider tho well above average skills and speed

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 4:20 Quote
Haven't heard anything about reliability,but it seems there(fritzz180) are pretty uninspiring to ride,like you say very tall and very short.Why make a 180 bike like that beats me,real shame really

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 6:50 Quote
ye i think iv decided to go with the yt capra cf now. cheers for the advice guys

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 7:22 Quote
charlieb1984 wrote:
ye i think iv decided to go with the yt capra cf now. cheers for the advice guys
great choice,watch the sizing though,I'm 6ft and a large was too small for me,when I tried one.good luck,enjoy your new rig

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 10:49 Quote
ye iv heard to check the sizeing. im 5.5 with a 30inch/76cm inseam. so would a medium be ok or would i need a small. cheers for the advice

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 11:18 Quote
charlieb1984 wrote:
ye iv heard to check the sizeing. im 5.5 with a 30inch/76cm inseam. so would a medium be ok or would i need a small. cheers for the advice
my mates just got a radon swoop,same price as YT,but better spec.

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 11:25 Quote
i was lookin at them the swoop 170 9.0 but read somewhere the that the capra was a better climber. bot sure if its true or not tho

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011077
Mobile Version of Website