Photo queue not working

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Photo queue not working
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 15:47 Quote
I uploaded images from my IPhone to reports by adding them and they seem to end up in a queue that doesn't move. There are now like 15 photos waiting in mine.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 14:46 Quote
are the reports being added and missing the photos, or both the report and photo not being uploaded?
Or are the photos just being uploaded to a trail and not with a report?

can you send me an email from within the app using the "App Feedback" link in the main menu, this will include some debug info.

I'm also looking at our logs to see what might be happening.

O+
Posted: May 6, 2017 at 10:24 Quote
KaiGriebenow wrote:
I uploaded images from my IPhone to reports by adding them and they seem to end up in a queue that doesn't move. There are now like 15 photos waiting in mine.

I have this same problem and have noticed it with other users - the queue seems to be very slow/random in its loading of photos from the app.

Also, with other users loading photos with their smartphones - their photos sometimes lose their georeferencing. Are there certain steps or settings that need to be done in the app to ensure that the photos are georeferenced?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: May 6, 2017 at 10:32 Quote
The photos won't upload unless you have the app open. You can goto the settings then "manual sync" page and force a sync of uploads.

You could also try logging out and log back into the app, then goto that settings page and force a sync.

O+
Posted: May 6, 2017 at 12:48 Quote
canadaka wrote:
The photos won't upload unless you have the app open. You can goto the settings then "manual sync" page and force a sync of uploads.

You could also try logging out and log back into the app, then goto that settings page and force a sync.

Thanks. I did a manual sync and got the message "problem syncing uploads, try again" - then logged out and back in again and it has uploaded now, with the current date/time on the sync page

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2017 at 0:51 Quote
I and a few others have used the trailforks app to take photos from the map page (using the yellow "+" button). For some reason most (or all) of these photos seem to lose their georeferencing. The camera app has location turned on and I was recording a trail at the time I took the photo so gps was functioning fine. Are we doing something wrong, missing a setting etc?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 17:18 Quote
MarkWestBike wrote:
I and a few others have used the trailforks app to take photos from the map page (using the yellow "+" button). For some reason most (or all) of these photos seem to lose their georeferencing. The camera app has location turned on and I was recording a trail at the time I took the photo so gps was functioning fine. Are we doing something wrong, missing a setting etc?

It's probably a problem on our server end reading the photo meta-data. Can you link me to one of the photos you uploaded via the app on-location?

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 1:35 Quote
canadaka wrote:
MarkWestBike wrote:

It's probably a problem on our server end reading the photo meta-data. Can you link me to one of the photos you uploaded via the app on-location?

could you give me a step-by-step guide on how to do this please. Cheers, Mark

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 1:39 Quote
MarkWestBike wrote:
canadaka wrote:
MarkWestBike wrote:

could you give me a step-by-step guide on how to do this please. Cheers, Mark

Another bit of info - the photo I took as stored on my smartphone doesn't appear to have georeferencing, so it's almost like the app itself is deleting the georeferencing or not putting it on in the first place. When I view the images transferred from the camera to the cloud, ones I take with the normal camera app are georeferenced, but ones taken via the trailforks app aren't. This has only started to happen recently with me (a few weeks ago my trailforks photos were georeferenced ok. But other friends have never managed to submit georeferenced photos to the trailforks site

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 0:18 Quote
you are using an iPhone? we have found that the photo EXIF data is not being saved by the camera plugin we use on iOS. It works fine on Android. Looking for a solution now.

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 11:58 Quote
canadaka wrote:
you are using an iPhone? we have found that the photo EXIF data is not being saved by the camera plugin we use on iOS. It works fine on Android. Looking for a solution now.

I use a Sony Xperia - Android

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 12:29 Quote
that's weird, I have the same phone.

Are you adding the photo to the "Write Report" or "Add Photos"?

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2017 at 12:30 Quote
canadaka wrote:
that's weird, I have the same phone.

Are you adding the photo to the "Write Report" or "Add Photos"?

To "Add Photos"

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012106
Mobile Version of Website