29er + Metric Shock For Enduro

PB Forum :: 29ers
29er + Metric Shock For Enduro
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 5, 2017 at 2:01 Quote
Hello there guys,

I am looking into buying a new bike and my main goal is to be a bit of a Future Proof.

As i know that this is not possible, I still want a bit of assistance to find an Enduro bike.

I want a 29er with Boost and Metric Shock with more than 130 travel in the back + threaded bottom bracket.

The only frame I found is the Liteville 301 MK14, but other than that one there isnt anything else on the market.

Do you happen to know any other frame that has these specifications?

Thank you.

Posted: May 12, 2017 at 7:43 Quote
Pole Evolink ticks all boxes but no metric shock. Trek Slash ticks all boxes but no threaded bb. Seems like a bike like that doesnt exist. Big Grin

I have been looking 29er with the same specs without luck. Looking forward for the new Whyte S-150. Metric shock, long low slack (although bit short chainstays), new pike and stuff. Most likely threaded bb.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2017 at 15:49 Quote
If you can wait a few months, around August, Whyte Bikes will be releasing their S-150 model.
29er with clearance for up to 2.6 tires.
150/150 travel.
Metric shock.
Boost front and rear.
Long, low and slack.
http://enduro-mtb.com/en/spotted-new-whyte-bikes-s-150-long-travel-29er/

Also the new Norco Sight 29er model would fit.
Clears big tires as well.
130/140 travel.
Metric.
Boost.
Long, low and slack as well.
http://enduro-mtb.com/en/first-look-norco-sight-canadian-trail-bike-gets-overhaul/

Posted: May 20, 2017 at 14:55 Quote
The Whyte is not really an option as they do not go to XL, thus the bike wont fit me accordingly.

I have checked on the options and Specialized Enduro ticks all the boxes, except the metric shock, but BikeYoke have an option to mount a metric to the Enduro.

That being said, I am aiming for the Enduro 29 Comp as I can get it for around €3000.

The thing is that I have an option to get a Vitus Escarpe 29 for €2300. (http://vitusbikes.com/products/escarpe-29-vrx-2017/)

Although it has only 135 in the back, I am looking into putting the Pike at 160mm, put luftkappe and a -2 angleset and that would make it quite aggressive, while preserving the bottom bracket height and seat angle.

The price difference and the better components on the Vitus makes it quite tasty!
Any thoughts on the matter?

O+
Posted: May 21, 2017 at 12:28 Quote
Well Whyte hasn't really released any info on the new bike so doubt that you know there won't be a size XL.
Also if you've ever looked at bike geometry numbers you'd realize that Specialized make about the smallest bikes comparable in size to other manufacturers.
Example a size XL in a Specialized Enduro has a reach of 465mm and wheelbase of 1212mm.
A large Whyte which you apparently don't think will fit you comes in at a monstrous 495mm reach and 1231mm wheelbase. If you wanted to ride the same Whyte bike compared to an XL Specialized Enduro then you could probably get away on a medium one with numbers like 479mm reach and 1211 wheelbase.
So you would easily fit a size large in a Whyte bike and have plenty of room. Since Whyte makes bikes with the correct geometry so you don't have to size up like most people do on other manufacturers bikes especially when it comes to Specialized bikes.
When I looked at buying a Stumpjumper I was trying out their size large and XL and they still felt small, I'm only 5'7". I ended up buying a Whyte G-160 in size small. It's as big a bike as my friends 2016 XL Stumpjumper.
As far as the Vitus Escarpe, it looks like a killer bike. But since you want a heavy hitting bike with all new standards and as future proof as possible, I'd skip it since it's still running 12x142 rear.
If you want another option check out the Niner Rip9. Another heavy hitting 29er with great geometry and newer standards.

Posted: May 22, 2017 at 1:46 Quote
lucythefin wrote:

Cheers for the info, you are completely right about Whyte, I didnt actually stack up the numbers...

As for the Vitus Escarpe, on their website it shows 142x12, but it is a Boost, front and rear. No idea why they left 142 there. Clerical error I guess.

I will be going with the Vitus then as it has a good 5 year guarantee and for the price it is stunning. Will modify it a bit and hopefully it would be brilliant.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008807
Mobile Version of Website