Marzocchi 350cr - Adding oil for progression

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi 350cr - Adding oil for progression
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 9, 2017 at 10:59 Quote
I recently got a Marz 350cr for my hardtail. I prefer to run a pretty progressive fork on the hardtail, and the previous fork on there was a rockshox yari with the maximum amount of bottomless tokens. So I went to add oil to the 350's air spring to make it more progressive, as has been suggested with these forks, 10cc at a time. I have added 40cc at this point and have not noticed a difference with progression.
How much oil can I realistically add to this? or is there something with the 350cr that does not allow for this to work? Also this fork has quite a bit of stiction out of the box, I have heard they have a little bit of a break-in period but I wasn't sure if that was normal, or how long the break in period usualy lasts. I lowered the fork already and I regreased the seals and bushings while it was open so I don't believe lubrication is the issue.

Thanks.

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 21:34 Quote
I just installed my 350 today. Haven't taken it out on trail yet. Posting to follow this thread

Posted: May 10, 2017 at 10:32 Quote
Can't help on the additional oil for progressiveness, but assuming the CR is anything like my NCR then yes there is potentially quite a noticeable break-in period.
It's a while since I fitted it but reckon there was a significant increase in suppleness over the first few rides. This did seem to make quite a bit of difference to how it performs and behaves, so wouldn't worry to much about tuning too precisely until it's loosened up a bit and moving normally.

Edit: That Stout frame looks awesome Buggyr333 Smile

Posted: May 10, 2017 at 12:43 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
Can't help on the additional oil for progressiveness, but assuming the CR is anything like my NCR then yes there is potentially quite a noticeable break-in period.
It's a while since I fitted it but reckon there was a significant increase in suppleness over the first few rides. This did seem to make quite a bit of difference to how it performs and behaves, so wouldn't worry to much about tuning too precisely until it's loosened up a bit and moving normally.

Edit: That Stout frame looks awesome Buggyr333 Smile

Thanks for the input, yeah it seems to be loosening up a bit already just from riding into work today.

And oh yeah I'm super exited for that frame. That's what the fork is going on. Cool

Posted: May 10, 2017 at 14:40 Quote
I have a 350 NCR. Drop the lowers enough to measure how much oil was in them, mine was pretty dry. I added oil(a bit more than normal) and added some to the air side. Mine still feel a bit sticky if not used for a bit. A quick flip of the bike for a minute to get some fresh oil up at the seals and its fine.

Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 9:28 Quote
My addition to this post is slightly off target to the question
That said adding Sram Butter seal grease under the fork seals helps sensitivity at all speeds of compression and rebound.

Posted: May 5, 2018 at 4:41 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
I recently got a Marz 350cr for my hardtail. I prefer to run a pretty progressive fork on the hardtail, and the previous fork on there was a rockshox yari with the maximum amount of bottomless tokens. So I went to add oil to the 350's air spring to make it more progressive, as has been suggested with these forks, 10cc at a time. I have added 40cc at this point and have not noticed a difference with progression.
How much oil can I realistically add to this? or is there something with the 350cr that does not allow for this to work? Also this fork has quite a bit of stiction out of the box, I have heard they have a little bit of a break-in period but I wasn't sure if that was normal, or how long the break in period usualy lasts. I lowered the fork already and I regreased the seals and bushings while it was open so I don't believe lubrication is the issue.

Thanks.

I want to add some oil to my fork, can you please tell me what time is the best to use?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009559
Mobile Version of Website