2017 carbon wheels cheap

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 12, 2017 at 4:13 Quote
So I was ready to buy some light bicyle wheels but somehow in some months the price of their carbon wheels have rocketed up
I remember they were like $600 or less like one year ago and now a wheelset is min $800 .
I have seen on internet some other new brands of chinese carbon rims that are good and have seen a lot of riders using then on pictures , but I cant remember the name of the brands
My budget is about $600 max
What brands do you recommend or know that make cheap , reliable carbon rims .
I am looking for a 27.5 enduro rim with hope or novatec hubs for my giant reign .
Thanks for your help
I live in taiwan so , I dont have to worry about the shiping amount .

Posted: May 12, 2017 at 6:12 Quote
sebas241freerider wrote:
So I was ready to buy some light bicyle wheels but somehow in some months the price of their carbon wheels have rocketed up
I remember they were like $600 or less like one year ago and now a wheelset is min $800 .
I have seen on internet some other new brands of chinese carbon rims that are good and have seen a lot of riders using then on pictures , but I cant remember the name of the brands
My budget is about $600 max
What brands do you recommend or know that make cheap , reliable carbon rims .
I am looking for a 27.5 enduro rim with hope or novatec hubs for my giant reign .
Thanks for your help
I live in taiwan so , I dont have to worry about the shiping amount .

I have a set of these built up with DTSwiss 240s for £1100, not sure what that equates into $'s but I have hammered these in Malaga and Morzine and they were flawless. Look at my profile at the Yeti. Rims are £589.

https://www.purecomponents.co.uk/product-category/carbon-rims/

O+
Posted: May 12, 2017 at 12:08 Quote
Check out Acebike.com . The rims they use seem almost identical to what a lot of companies like light bicycle and others put out so I wouldn't be surprised if they are all made by the same company and just rebranded. As soon as I get some cash saved up I am taking a chance on some of their stock complete wheel builds.

Posted: May 13, 2017 at 9:15 Quote
FWIW, if I had a budget of $600 I wouldn't buy a carbon wheel set. That kind of money will buy a good aluminum wheel set from either a wheel manufacturer or a custom builder, but it's just barely enough to get "off brand" carbon wheels of unknown quality. At that pricepoint it's really hit or miss and a fair amount of luck is involved. You might get something good, or you might get something that just LOOKS good when you take it out of the box.

Posted: May 14, 2017 at 16:26 Quote
Nextie or Light Bike rims, but for $600 Id just build have a since set of AL rims.

Posted: May 15, 2017 at 6:18 Quote
check out Derby rims. Smile

O+
Posted: May 15, 2017 at 6:36 Quote
I've had great luck with http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/

Set on my trail bike have been going strong for over a year. And I've run a fat bike set of wheels from them for 3 winters now with absolutely no issues.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007646
Mobile Version of Website