Bronson V2 Shock Size - can it be changed?

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Bronson V2 Shock Size - can it be changed?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 16, 2017 at 10:14 Quote
So I have to send my shock back to Fox for warrenty in Vancouver and its going to take 2-3 weeks, and I don't feel like being without my bike for that long so I'm trying to source a "replacement" shock to buy for that period, but I just want something inexpensive and used to fill in for that time period, then put my float X back in once its returned.

Do I have to stick exactlly to the 200x57 (7.87*2.25) sizing, or can I go outside that by very much? I'm not an expert on bike set ups expecially when it comes to rear suspension so I'm a bit clueless with the sizing. I know changing size will screw up the geo and maybe feel like shit but I don't really care for 2-3 wks, I just don't want it to damage the bike.

Conversly...if someone has a shock they want to ship to Canada for me that would be rad also! PM me if you have something to sell...Thanks

Posted: May 16, 2017 at 10:18 Quote
ross005 wrote:
So I have to send my shock back to Fox for warrenty in Vancouver and its going to take 2-3 weeks, and I don't feel like being without my bike for that long so I'm trying to source a "replacement" shock to buy for that period, but I just want something inexpensive and used to fill in for that time period, then put my float X back in once its returned.

Do I have to stick exactlly to the 200x57 (7.87*2.25) sizing, or can I go outside that by very much? I'm not an expert on bike set ups expecially when it comes to rear suspension so I'm a bit clueless with the sizing. I know changing size will screw up the geo and maybe feel like shit but I don't really care for 2-3 wks, I just don't want it to damage the bike.

Conversly...if someone has a shock they want to ship to Canada for me that would be rad also! PM me if you have something to sell...Thanks

More or less yes is the answer

I was looking for a shock in the area for my bronson an there's a fair few x fusion shock's floating about pb or ebay for cheap enough. Have never ridden there shocks but their forks are on par with RS I find

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008809
Mobile Version of Website