HD4 Rumours

PB Forum :: Ibis
HD4 Rumours
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 16, 2017 at 14:51 Quote
I've heard murmurs about an HD4: longer, lower, slacker, more travel, according to the mill, but if the rumours were true, you might expect to see one underneath riders on the EWS by now? I wondered whether anyone had heard/seen anything about this in real life?

Posted: May 18, 2017 at 2:17 Quote
Have a look at what Carolin Gehrig and Robin Walner were riding in Madeira. Will be released next week. Wink

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2017 at 20:32 Quote
Well the IBIS team is currently sitting number one in the EWS, so I'd say the new bike is doing pretty well.

Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 15:21 Quote
Trying to choose between hd4 vs 2018 pivot mach 6 carbon? Im sure they both descend well but what about climbing?

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 8:25 Quote
skycries57 wrote:
Trying to choose between hd4 vs 2018 pivot mach 6 carbon? Im sure they both descend well but what about climbing?

Might be sacrilege to say this but check out hd4 threads on mtbr forum as loadsa useful info as opposed to nothing on here.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 11:25 Quote
skycries57 wrote:

The HD4 climbs better than any other bike I've ever ridden, conditional on travel. The thing simply does not have pedal bob, and accelerates extremely quickly. Too me, it blew the Yeti pedal platform out of the water.

It descends unbelievably well, too. Most intuitive descender I've ridden. Gonna build one up as a race bike over the winter.

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2017 at 11:30 Quote
jcc0042 wrote:
skycries57 wrote:

The HD4 climbs better than any other bike I've ever ridden, conditional on travel. The thing simply does not have pedal bob, and accelerates extremely quickly. Too me, it blew the Yeti pedal platform out of the water.

It descends unbelievably well, too. Most intuitive descender I've ridden. Gonna build one up as a race bike over the winter.

What about climbing out of the saddle? My HD still bobs a bit out of saddle climbing but is rock solid when sitting down.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 9:34 Quote
the-lorax wrote:
jcc0042 wrote:
skycries57 wrote:

What about climbing out of the saddle? My HD still bobs a bit out of saddle climbing but is rock solid when sitting down.

I've never ridden the older HDs, but the guy running the demo said he thought the HD4 pedalled out of saddle better than the HD3, and I can believe that. You really have to try to make the thing bob when the trail is smooth. Every time I sprinted up a rock slab or sprinted down a dh section, I never noticed any inefficiency. Felt similarly to when I was sitting down: firm. I even sprinted up a steep, wet rock slab at one point, and, while I was spinning the back tire from the halfway point to the top, I never lost a lot of momentum and made it no problem.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 11:13 Quote
jcc0042 wrote:
the-lorax wrote:
jcc0042 wrote:

I've never ridden the older HDs, but the guy running the demo said he thought the HD4 pedalled out of saddle better than the HD3, and I can believe that. You really have to try to make the thing bob when the trail is smooth. Every time I sprinted up a rock slab or sprinted down a dh section, I never noticed any inefficiency. Felt similarly to when I was sitting down: firm. I even sprinted up a steep, wet rock slab at one point, and, while I was spinning the back tire from the halfway point to the top, I never lost a lot of momentum and made it no problem.
Thanks. I can't wait to get rich so I can get a new bike.

Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 2:10 Quote
jcc0042 wrote:
the-lorax wrote:
jcc0042 wrote:

Was that with an X2 or DPX2 shock?

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 6:47 Quote
Travel66 wrote:
jcc0042 wrote:
the-lorax wrote:

Was that with an X2 or DPX2 shock?

DPX2. The trails I rode on most aren't very gnarly, so I think that's what I'm gonna go with. Seemed like a very capable shock to me. I rode three separate bikes with that shock, and thought it did well on all three.

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 8:12 Quote
I'm going to Demo an HD4 in a few weeks however I've been looking at the Mach 5.5 and the new Mach 6.

Has anyone ridden either of the above Pivots and compared to the HD4? I'm here in central NC and not sure if I really need that 160mm, for I wish that HD3 was still available with a 140-150 up front.

I may try out a new Mondraker and an Intense but still liking the DW link over the VPP and other designs.

Any opinions on these? Btw, I am 6ft and 265 so I'm also having problems finding builds with wheels that hold up that weight.

Thanks!

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 10:56 Quote
Rockyrdwarrior wrote:
I'm going to Demo an HD4 in a few weeks however I've been looking at the Mach 5.5 and the new Mach 6.

Has anyone ridden either of the above Pivots and compared to the HD4? I'm here in central NC and not sure if I really need that 160mm, for I wish that HD3 was still available with a 140-150 up front.

I may try out a new Mondraker and an Intense but still liking the DW link over the VPP and other designs.

Any opinions on these? Btw, I am 6ft and 265 so I'm also having problems finding builds with wheels that hold up that weight.

Thanks!

Get an HD4 with Ibis’ own alloy wheels as a big guy to another, they are flippin unreal.
Smile

Or get a closeout HD3 quick quick!

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 11:09 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Rockyrdwarrior wrote:

Thanks!

Get an HD4 with Ibis’ own alloy wheels as a big guy to another, they are flippin unreal.
Smile

You need to go for the DPX2.....the effective rider maximum is very low on the x2

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 11:10 Quote
Travel66 wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
Rockyrdwarrior wrote:

Thanks!

Smile

You need to go for the DPX2.....the effective rider maximum is very low on the x2

Good point otherwise the x2 can will blow up!

Hahaha

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013694
Mobile Version of Website