Whats the easiest way to build dirt jumps and berms

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Whats the easiest way to build dirt jumps and berms
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 17, 2017 at 11:13 Quote
Basically i want to know the easiest way to build berms and small dirt jumps. I have been piling up logs and covering them with dirt to make some small ones, about 2 feet high but how do I make them bigger than that. Thanks

Posted: May 17, 2017 at 13:27 Quote
just talked about this over here:

Best size for dirt jumps?
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=199088

Cool

Posted: May 17, 2017 at 13:35 Quote
One key is measuring out the radius of the turn. This drawing shows 8 feet to the top edge. But, it could be 9 or 10 or whatever.

This is one of the first good berms I built:

I've also led trail volunteers to move dirt to build berms. It definitely goes fast when you have 3 wheelbarrows and a large group of people. You just keep dumping dirt along your line and packing and shaping. Damp dirt packs and shapes best.

Posted: May 17, 2017 at 18:36 Quote
If you want the jumps to last don't use biodegradable things in your dirt... meaning logs. Short term not to big of a deal. Long term your asking for problems.

Also to answer your question: digging, hardwork, time, friends who help & sweat.

Posted: May 17, 2017 at 20:42 Quote
Easiest, Bobcat... a mini excavator with dozer blade works great too..

Posted: May 17, 2017 at 22:40 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
Easiest, Bobcat... a mini excavator with dozer blade works great too..

I definitely agree with that . . . . but don't underestimate the manpower and time it takes to shape, pack, and put dirt in the correct place to start with.

Even small gradients screw up a spot. You can't take cookie cutter internet plans and put them on a spot and use heavy equipment to move all the dirt then expect guys to "polish" at the end. Each section must be ridden and tested before building the next!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007579
Mobile Version of Website