2018 RM Altitude

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2018 RM Altitude
Posted: Feb 2, 2018 at 16:51 Quote
Hey guys

Looking to upgrade the stock EVOL shock on my C70 - anyone have any reccomendations? Thinking an X2 or DHX coil, however have a good deal offered on a slighty used dpx2. Can anyone confirm what tune comes on the dpx2 with the C90 build?

Thanks!

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 at 17:48 Quote
howie286 wrote:
Hey guys

Looking to upgrade the stock EVOL shock on my C70 - anyone have any reccomendations? Thinking an X2 or DHX coil, however have a good deal offered on a slighty used dpx2. Can anyone confirm what tune comes on the dpx2 with the C90 build?

Thanks!

I have a c90 frame and I thought the dpx2 was a pretty good trail shock, reviews suggest it descends as good as the float x2 but I thought it wasn't quite as good. The factory tune ID is "DFB9" I just purchased a DB Coil IL that I am hoping will be really good. Haven't ridden it yet though.

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2018 at 19:30 Quote
howie286 wrote:
Hey guys

Thanks!

I also went with the Cane Creek il coil. To my dismay Fox doesn't actually make the X2 or DHX2 in 210x55 yet, so you'd have to void the warranty if you wanted to run either by long shocking. I didn't feel like running the risk especially because of all the great things people have been saying about the Cane Creek. Still waiting on mine too but I have a really good feeling about it.

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 9:22 Quote
Hey guys, has anyone experienced any issues with bottom bracket noise, specifically on the aluminum models? I've only ever had bikes with threaded bottom brackets and was just curious if people have had negative issues with the press fit BB92? Cheers!

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 9:40 Quote
Nothing yet on my A50, nice and quiet and smooth.

Jphilp wrote:
Hey guys, has anyone experienced any issues with bottom bracket noise, specifically on the aluminum models? I've only ever had bikes with threaded bottom brackets and was just curious if people have had negative issues with the press fit BB92? Cheers!

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 10:02 Quote
It has also been quiet for me.

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 10:03 Quote
bike2850 wrote:
It has also been quiet for me.
Awesome, thanks!

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 16:39 Quote
No issues with the bb on my carbon frame for what its worth.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 11:21 Quote
Who has changed the shock on there bike? Did the dpx2 just not cut it? What did you upgrade to?

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 11:47 Quote
Not a dpx2 but I just got my Float DPS EVOL shock back from fox service with an upgraded "anti-clunk" piston.

bike2850 wrote:
Who has changed the shock on there bike? Did the dpx2 just not cut it? What did you upgrade to?

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 12:27 Quote
What does that do?

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 12:38 Quote
Not sure really, there have been some people complaining about a clunking noise with the shock so probably an early fix for that. It was included with my service request.

bike2850 wrote:
What does that do?

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 13:08 Quote
bike2850 wrote:
I upgraded my dps to a x2 and it's a world of difference don't know about dpx2 but from dps it's huge well worth the extra weigh. Switched late September and had a acl injury so only tried it on wet sloppy trail and it feel so much better. Can't wait to try it in the bike park and dry trails.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 14:05 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
bike2850 wrote:
I upgraded my dps to a x2 and it's a world of difference don't know about dpx2 but from dps it's huge well worth the extra weigh. Switched late September and had a acl injury so only tried it on wet sloppy trail and it feel so much better. Can't wait to try it in the bike park and dry trails.
how long did you run the dps? I have had mine since july but I just cant get it to feel how I would like.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 14:13 Quote
bike2850 wrote:
ybsurf wrote:
bike2850 wrote:
how long did you run the dps? I have had mine since july but I just cant get it to feel how I would like.
I had it for 4 months and same didn't feel good to me going to position 3 made it feel better but I was able to get an x2 from a Rocky team rider so I went for it as they are not available in that size yet.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012472
Mobile Version of Website