2018 RM Altitude

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2018 RM Altitude
Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 10:39 Quote
C90 comes with 780mm bar, so no chopping there...

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 17:13 Quote
After half a dozen rides, I found I had to adjust the ride 9 to position 7 to suit how I like to ride. I also cut my bars to 760mm. Now I just have to get the damping set to my liking. I find this bike to really rip, and that is nice. I'd post a picture, but I'm really inept at that. It is posted in my profile, it is a stunning lookin bike.

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 23:20 Quote
Did you weigh it yet?

FL
Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 13:59 Quote
ktm450sxf wrote:
After half a dozen rides, I found I had to adjust the ride 9 to position 7 to suit how I like to ride. I also cut my bars to 760mm. Now I just have to get the damping set to my liking. I find this bike to really rip, and that is nice. I'd post a picture, but I'm really inept at that. It is posted in my profile, it is a stunning lookin bike.

Thanks for the feedback! I have mine in neutral and finally getting it to feel good all around. Dont worry, i'll post the pics for you Razz
My new Altitude after its 2nd ride
photo
photo
photo

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 19:29 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
Did you weigh it yet?
I weighed mine the other day and it is 29lbs for a large.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 20:23 Quote
map-guy wrote:
ktm450sxf wrote:

Thanks for the feedback! I have mine in neutral and finally getting it to feel good all around. Dont worry, i'll post the pics for you Razz
photo
photo
photo
Thanx for doing that for me.

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 23:17 Quote
ktm450sxf wrote:
Foxy87 wrote:
Did you weigh it yet?

This is without pedals right?

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 4:00 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
ktm450sxf wrote:
Foxy87 wrote:
Did you weigh it yet?

This is without pedals right?
With pedals.

Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 7:02 Quote
Wow nice. I think you use Shminao XT or XTR, so these are about 400gr. Means the bike is around 12.7kg without pedals. Really nice

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 8:03 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
Wow nice. I think you use Shminao XT or XTR, so these are about 400gr. Means the bike is around 12.7kg without pedals. Really nice
XT actually. And the bike feels lighter than that. My Nomad was 28lbs, and felt slightly heavier. Maybe it was the balance/distribution of the weight, I'm not sure. But this Rocky, feels good everywhere, and although it doesn't feel like your going fast, when I compare times to other riders I've done it is faster overall.

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 19:15 Quote
wpautz wrote:
I'm considering upgrading my 2014 Norco Sight. I ride the rocky n' rooty slopes of mount Seymour, in North Vancouver.
Top contenders include the RM Altitude 2018, Alloy 70 ( or just a new Sight, or a Santa Cruz Bronson).

My only concern re the RM Altitude is the sizing. At 5'11", their charts have me EXACTLY between the Medium and the Large.

I'll try both sizes.

What would you do? I'm told changing the stem length might not be a good idea. Is that so?

So just choose one and adjust the saddle accordingly?

I just got mine today and they run a little small. Like the pipeline.

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 19:21 Quote
I just built up my alloy 50 today! Initial impressions are that it fits small like the RM pipeline if you have ever ridden that bike it is a similar fit. The components on the bike are second to none for the price and the tire setup shows the people at RM actually ride there bikes! Later in the week I will share more after a few rides. Let me know if you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2017 at 9:07 Quote
bike2850 wrote:
I just built up my alloy 50 today! Initial impressions are that it fits small like the RM pipeline if you have ever ridden that bike it is a similar fit. The components on the bike are second to none for the price and the tire setup shows the people at RM actually ride there bikes! Later in the week I will share more after a few rides. Let me know if you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

I'm looking to pick up an allow 50 next week so I'm very curious to hear more impressions about it! Also how tall are you and what size did you go with? I know the thing rips going down but how does it peddle going up?

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2017 at 11:06 Quote
dbauer2 wrote:
bike2850 wrote:

I'm looking to pick up an allow 50 next week so I'm very curious to hear more impressions about it! Also how tall are you and what size did you go with? I know the thing rips going down but how does it peddle going up?

I'm 5 foot 5 and I got a medium it fits perfect. I put the ride nine chip in the most aggressive downhill position and climbed up a fire road for about 4 miles( only have one ride on it so far) I'm not going to say it was the best at going up the hill but honestly I don't care. It got me up the hill without much pain and it didn't feel like a burden. It preforms like any other mid travel bike,if you want to go faster get stronger.

FL
Posted: Jul 4, 2017 at 11:37 Quote
[/Quote]
Thanx for doing that for me.[/Quote]

No problem! Would you mind sharing how you have your rear shock set up so far?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024386
Mobile Version of Website