2018 RM Altitude

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2018 RM Altitude
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 18:33 Quote
Anyone know what the proper seal/oil service is for the AL50 fox 36? I'm trying to figure out what this fork is exactly on fox's service chart.

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 0:08 Quote
if you punch in the 4 digit code on the back of the fork it will giev u all factory specs and docs on fox help website

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 7:36 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
if you punch in the 4 digit code on the back of the fork it will giev u all factory specs and docs on fox help website

I did this, you get a chart for all 2018 Fox 36 forks. There's multiple fox Float styles, and multiple damper styles the Fit, and the Grip, and oil amounts vary between them all. The fork that comes with the Alloy 50 is called the 'Fit Grip', so... that's confusing.

Has anyone serviced theirs yet?

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 7:41 Quote
jbones84 wrote:
feathers54 wrote:

I did this, you get a chart for all 2018 Fox 36 forks. There's multiple fox Float styles, and multiple damper styles the Fit, and the Grip, and oil amounts vary between them all. The fork that comes with the Alloy 50 is called the 'Fit Grip', so... that's confusing.

its a 36 which is more basic than the fit4 grip but most people tend to prefere the standard grip, hence why they made grip 2
https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=987
the 36 table shows, use the teflon one for grip i think

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
jbones84 wrote:
feathers54 wrote:

this article [PI=https://www.pinkbike.com/news/fox-34-float-grip-review-2016.html][/PI]
explains the confusion with the dampers excetra, i love my 36 grip performance btw

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know if either the fork or the shock come pre-installed with any volume spacers on the Alloy 50?

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 8:02 Quote
jbones84 wrote:
Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know if either the fork or the shock come pre-installed with any volume spacers on the Alloy 50?

Type in the 4 digit code on fox help website, it will tell u, I think mine had one in the fork

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 0:04 Quote
jbones84 wrote:
Thanks for the info!

I have a carbon 50 and that came with one installed in the fork. I think I have 3 in there now.

But as mentioned, the code on the Fox site should tell you all.

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 0:11 Quote
So I upgraded my drivetrain. It was a bit of an impulse buy (an expensive one), but i'm glad I did. Its utterly flawless and that big old 50T takes the edge off some of the climbs!

AXS X01 upgrade

AXS X01 upgrade

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 3:07 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
So I upgraded my drivetrain. It was a bit of an impulse buy (an expensive one), but i'm glad I did. Its utterly flawless and that big old 50T takes the edge off some of the climbs!

AXS X01 upgrade

AXS X01 upgrade

I am whole new levels of jealous right now, looks insane dude!

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 4:11 Quote
HAHA, cheers buddy.

I wouldn't mind the reverb to go with it, but that will have to wait!

I keep thinking I want to change this bike, maybe get a 29er..... until I come back to reality and realise I still love this bike and it rips! Plus I don't really wanna go 29, just the media trying to brain wash me! haha.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 15:51 Quote
I can relate to this ^^
I normally try to move my bikes on after around 2 years of riding them. Mainly to keep up with technology and spec etc
But I’m still absolutely loving the altitude. I’ve put a few new parts and upgrades on it but overall its still a playful beast that I can literally throw anything at it.
If anyone is reading this considering making the purchase on 2019/2020 altitudes I can recommend ????

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 23:50 Quote
fennstar wrote:
I can relate to this ^^
I normally try to move my bikes on after around 2 years of riding them. Mainly to keep up with technology and spec etc
But I’m still absolutely loving the altitude. I’ve put a few new parts and upgrades on it but overall its still a playful beast that I can literally throw anything at it.
If anyone is reading this considering making the purchase on 2019/2020 altitudes I can recommend ????

yeah, I hear you. I sometimes get into my head I want a new bike, so I fall out of love with my current one, but no matter what I see or lust after, I still come back to the altitude and it puts a smile on my face!

On a different subject..... if I change my ride 9 settings into the slackest, will I need to adjust my suspension tune at all? I have a basic level of bike setup knowledge, but cant work out if my current tune will need tweeking if changing the ride 9.

I only want to slack it out for my trip to Madeira in a few weeks.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 3:02 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
fennstar wrote:
I can relate to this ^^

yeah, I hear you. I sometimes get into my head I want a new bike, so I fall out of love with my current one, but no matter what I see or lust after, I still come back to the altitude and it puts a smile on my face!

On a different subject..... if I change my ride 9 settings into the slackest, will I need to adjust my suspension tune at all? I have a basic level of bike setup knowledge, but cant work out if my current tune will need tweeking if changing the ride 9.

I only want to slack it out for my trip to Madeira in a few weeks.

i always run mine in slackest as it is a straight plower! i think i had to take out a couple of psi just because theres a lot more ramp up and progression with the slackest, i normally find 25-30% sag works mint

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030300
Mobile Version of Website