2018 RM Altitude

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2018 RM Altitude
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
Danny-sherbank wrote:
for those running studded winter Tires on your altitude what width of Tire will the altitude take?
2.6 will fit and 2.8 may fit the front but not rear.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 9:52 Quote
lessizmore wrote:
Having a 170mm fork, I want to run a longer travel bike with a 8,5x2,5 shock length. Probably a DVO or a Suntour Triair.

I went through this thread and I have found precious info. As stated, no need for offset bushings when installing a 8,5 shock and staying in position 1 (ride9).

But I would like to be able to run position 1 to 5 (or at least 3rd mode).

What are the exact specifications for the offset bushing to achieve this? Do I need 2 pair of bushings? I am new here and not familiar with RM bolt and bushings.

Thanks so much

Have the same question. If someone can post the details on the offset bushing, I'd be forever grateful. Thanks!

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 22:11 Quote
If you want position 1 to work like position 1, you need offset bushings. There's a 6mm difference between the eye to eye of the stock shock (210x55 mm) and the one you're proposing (216mm). Offset bushings are like 2-3mm per side if i recall correctly. So I'd probably do them on both sides.

Worst case and you end up preferring only 1 set, offset bushings wear a little faster than stock ones so its not bad to have spares if you will ride the bike a lot or have it for a while.

Also, if you have reach to spare I'd consider a forward offset seatpost to counteract some of the slackening of ESTA you're doing (although I understand that's a lot more money than 2 offset bushings!).

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014140
Mobile Version of Website