2018 RM Altitude

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2018 RM Altitude
Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 13:30 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
Taking off a DPX2 for anything xfusion seems crazy to me!

I've removed all the spacers from the dpx2 and have my rebound all the way open and still can't find the pop I like. if I can't sell it ill have it re-valved or something

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
j-t-g wrote:

I've removed all the spacers from the dpx2 and have my rebound all the way open and still can't find the pop I like. if I can't sell it ill have it re-valved or something

In that case I'll assume you have needs that are a far cry from the majority then. I actually look forward to hearing your results.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 14:34 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
j-t-g wrote:

id be interested in riding your bike, survive the bucking bronco

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 23:27 Quote
Does anyone know if RM are bringing out a new/updated Altitude for 2021? The 2018 one was released in May/June 2017 (I think) so judging by the 3-yr cycle they've done with the Slayer, there might be something in the making.

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 0:11 Quote
Nicksen wrote:
Does anyone know if RM are bringing out a new/updated Altitude for 2021? The 2018 one was released in May/June 2017 (I think) so judging by the 3-yr cycle they've done with the Slayer, there might be something in the making.

can't think why they'd change it so soon, seems pretty modern right now, but who knows

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 0:18 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
Nicksen wrote:

can't think why they'd change it so soon, seems pretty modern right now, but who knows

if they did I'd imagine it to be slacked out by 1 or 1.5 degrees and 20mm more on each size

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 9:00 Quote
I'd guess they'd do the Element first then instinct or altitude... might be a mid 2021 release, but I could see them doing instinct first because it is a much better seller than the altitude these days.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 0:11 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
Top of Pilot Butte

coil shock looks sick

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 at 12:53 Quote
had my RM altitude about 6 months now. I do a mixture of XC & Enduro riding. This summer I want to focus more in the enduro side and since I've had the bike I've been in neutral position. will changing from neutral to slack have a big impact? and will it hurt me significantly on the steep punchy climbs? Because I really like how well it currently climbs and don't want to ruin that

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 at 16:11 Quote
Drop in an angleset if you don't wanna lose ESTA for a slacker head angle

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 4:04 Quote
Danny-sherbank wrote:
had my RM altitude about 6 months now. I do a mixture of XC & Enduro riding. This summer I want to focus more in the enduro side and since I've had the bike I've been in neutral position. will changing from neutral to slack have a big impact? and will it hurt me significantly on the steep punchy climbs? Because I really like how well it currently climbs and don't want to ruin that

really doesn't affect climbing that much, and absolutely rips so much better on descents! fliping the chip takes 2 mins and you can do it on the trail so why not try eh?

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 16:44 Quote
Thinking of upgrading the Fox DPS of my Altitude A50 2019 to a coil (possibly Bomber CR), anyone with feedback with a coil on that bike?

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 3:32 Quote
dirtologist wrote:
Thinking of upgrading the Fox DPS of my Altitude A50 2019 to a coil (possibly Bomber CR), anyone with feedback with a coil on that bike?

got a bomber cr on mine and absooutley transforms the bike, would not look back! coil works much better than the dps in the slackest position as well! for the value the bomber cr cant be beat

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 14:04 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
dirtologist wrote:

got a bomber cr on mine and absooutley transforms the bike, would not look back! coil works much better than the dps in the slackest position as well! for the value the bomber cr cant be beat

Thanks mate! What's your weight and what spring did you put on the bomber?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006704
Mobile Version of Website