2018 RM Altitude

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2018 RM Altitude
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 0:15 Quote
dirtologist wrote:
feathers54 wrote:
dirtologist wrote:
Thinking of upgrading the Fox DPS of my Altitude A50 2019 to a coil (possibly Bomber CR), anyone with feedback with a coil on that bike?

got a bomber cr on mine and absooutley transforms the bike, would not look back! coil works much better than the dps in the slackest position as well! for the value the bomber cr cant be beat

Thanks mate! What's your weight and what spring did you put on the bomber?

i only weigh 60kg so chucked on a 350lb one i think? ill check when im back home

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 17:13 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
dirtologist wrote:
feathers54 wrote:


got a bomber cr on mine and absooutley transforms the bike, would not look back! coil works much better than the dps in the slackest position as well! for the value the bomber cr cant be beat

Thanks mate! What's your weight and what spring did you put on the bomber?

i only weigh 60kg so chucked on a 350lb one i think? ill check when im back home

Thanks, I'm about 65 kegs too so interested to hear about your setup

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 17:59 Quote
I weigh 140lbs geared and run a 400lb for everyday and racing

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 18:05 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
I weigh 160lbs geared and run a 400lb for everyday and racing

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 8:53 Quote
wheels - these duroc 30's have been nothing but trouble since I bought my bike.

Time to change.. what's the favoured wheels for the A70 ? can the altitude take 37.5mm outer rim width without any issues ?

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 10:59 Quote
Stan’s or dt, I have heard good things from halo and hope too...

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 11:34 Quote
kmcd21 wrote:
wheels - these duroc 30's have been nothing but trouble since I bought my bike.

Time to change.. what's the favoured wheels for the A70 ? can the altitude take 37.5mm outer rim width without any issues ?

I've changed them Duroc 30 wheels right away and sold them on as new. Put some Flow MK3 / Hope Pro4 combo on but the MK3 rims aren't the greatest (Stan's now have the FLow EX 3 so that should be more solid). Laced up a Spank Spike 33 Race and haven't looked back. Close to two years of hard riding (very rocky here) and the rims is in almost perfect condition apart from one very small dent. I'm no lightweight either and am running a ghetto tyre insert in the rear, which works a treat.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 4:54 Quote
Nicksen wrote:
kmcd21 wrote:
wheels - these duroc 30's have been nothing but trouble since I bought my bike.

Time to change.. what's the favoured wheels for the A70 ? can the altitude take 37.5mm outer rim width without any issues ?

I've changed them Duroc 30 wheels right away and sold them on as new. Put some Flow MK3 / Hope Pro4 combo on but the MK3 rims aren't the greatest (Stan's now have the FLow EX 3 so that should be more solid). Laced up a Spank Spike 33 Race and haven't looked back. Close to two years of hard riding (very rocky here) and the rims is in almost perfect condition apart from one very small dent. I'm no lightweight either and am running a ghetto tyre insert in the rear, which works a treat.

Nice advice ! thanks.

Good idea on the rear insert, its my rear wheel thats taking a beating.

I have been looking at these hunt wheels and hubs online supposed to be good.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 6:22 Quote
kmcd21 wrote:
wheels - these duroc 30's have been nothing but trouble since I bought my bike.

Time to change.. what's the favoured wheels for the A70 ? can the altitude take 37.5mm outer rim width without any issues ?

I have had a set of halo vortex for over a year and havent had to touch them once, bearings still good, still dead straight. would steer clear of hope and stans flows rims as they are a bit cheesy. new hope fortus rims are way more solid.

Posted: Mar 14, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
dirtologist wrote:
Thinking of upgrading the Fox DPS of my Altitude A50 2019 to a coil (possibly Bomber CR), anyone with feedback with a coil on that bike?

got a bomber cr on mine and absooutley transforms the bike, would not look back! coil works much better than the dps in the slackest position as well! for the value the bomber cr cant be beat

in what ways does it transform the bike? and are there any drawbacks? I may save up for that Bomber if it's really worth it. currently running the Rockshox deluxe rt3 and mainly focus on enduro/downhill. cheers

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 5:13 Quote
Danny-sherbank wrote:
feathers54 wrote:
dirtologist wrote:
Thinking of upgrading the Fox DPS of my Altitude A50 2019 to a coil (possibly Bomber CR), anyone with feedback with a coil on that bike?

got a bomber cr on mine and absooutley transforms the bike, would not look back! coil works much better than the dps in the slackest position as well! for the value the bomber cr cant be beat

in what ways does it transform the bike? and are there any drawbacks? I may save up for that Bomber if it's really worth it. currently running the Rockshox deluxe rt3 and mainly focus on enduro/downhill. cheers

climbing isnt that affected, but downhill it rly grips a whole lot more and makes the travel feel bottomless, small bumb is incredible and mid stroke support changes how you ride

| Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005482
Mobile Version of Website