2018 RM Altitude

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2018 RM Altitude
O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2021 at 20:27 Quote
What is everyone running for wheels? The stock AR30/Dt370 is about hammered. The rim is so beat up it doesn't hold air tubeless and the hub skips and pops. No amount of cleaning will fix it.

Pretty set on I9 Hydras but not sure on rims. I am mainly looking at Aluminum as I don't feel the cost vs reward is there for me with carbon. Unless someone has a pair of we are one unions for $200? haha

2019 Rocky Mountain Altitude long shocked

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 9:59 Quote
I'm running a custom built WTB i25 w/Novatec hub in the rear and a Nukeproof Horizon V2 up front.

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 21:53 Quote
DT Swiss 511 & hope pro 4
Stock durocs lasted 2 rides.

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 12:22 Quote
kmcd21 wrote:
Got my hands on a dvo jade x coil
210x55 for my a70 altitude 2018.
Any one know the hardware required to fit this shock ?
What pos in ride 9 best suits?

Hi, Any update on this shock on your Altitude? did you figure out the hardware and installing the Rocky Eyelet bearings. I'd be interested in the hardware you needed as I am looking at the similar shock for my 2018 Altitude

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 6:39 Quote
ashwinearl wrote:
kmcd21 wrote:

Hi, Any update on this shock on your Altitude? did you figure out the hardware and installing the Rocky Eyelet bearings. I'd be interested in the hardware you needed as I am looking at the similar shock for my 2018 Altitude

Yes I was successful.
In the end I wasn’t able to source the Dvo Jade. Out of stock.
I bought an ohlins ttx 22m instead which is superb.
I wasn’t able to get the bearing eyelet removal tool sku1810031 from RM.
I bought new bearing eyelet hardware 1818003 RMB instead.
The company installed it in my new coil FOC.

The top end of shock I used the old hardware which is standard fox bushing.

As I still have the original bearing eyelets in DPX2 I can alternate between the coil and air.
But I’m struggling to see why I would be bothered to do that ?!

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 7:37 Quote
kmcd21 wrote:
ashwinearl wrote:
kmcd21 wrote:

Yes I was successful.
In the end I wasn’t able to source the Dvo Jade. Out of stock.
I bought an ohlins ttx 22m instead which is superb.
I wasn’t able to get the bearing eyelet removal tool sku1810031 from RM.
I bought new bearing eyelet hardware 1818003 RMB instead.
The company installed it in my new coil FOC.

The top end of shock I used the old hardware which is standard fox bushing.

As I still have the original bearing eyelets in DPX2 I can alternate between the coil and air.
But I’m struggling to see why I would be bothered to do that ?!

you can get the bearing mount out without a special tool, if you just use a regular bearing tool and slide hammer the hardware and bearing will come out.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 15:13 Quote
I just got a Cane Creek DBcoil IL (the in-line one) in 210x55.

Does anyone know whether I need a specific hardware to mount it on my 2019 Altitude (replacing the Fox DPS that came stock with the A50)?

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 2:39 Quote
All the same hardware.

the bearing cups at the linkage end of the shock I ordered new ones so I can interchange between my coil and air shock without any hassle

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 19:36 Quote
photo

photo

thought I'd post since I've seen a lot of people asking about coils
Large 2018 Altitude A50
I blew up the DPS and decided to go coil, I've had it on for at least a season and regret not switching sooner. Threw a 210x55 Bomber CR on there with a 550lb spring. I'm 6'2" and ~180lbs and tend to ride on the more aggressive end of things and the 550lb spring seems to be right on. I run it in position 2 since according to the charts it is most progressive and gave me a slightly longer reach than P1
I am also able to fit a 170mm dropper with a little room to spare even though I don't have very long legs
This thing rips with the coil but has still stayed pretty playful which was a nice surprise
It even does decent on wicked steep fire roads despite not having a climb switch

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 8:56 Quote
This looks and sounds awesome. Been wanting to give one a try for a while, and at this price point, it sounds like a great option. Just want to be sure I'm grabbing the right size spring for a MEDIUM A50: I'm around 200lbs (5'10") all suited up, and the charts tell me a 600lbs spring is the way to go. Anyone have any suggestions or comments? Thanks!

ConnorP15 wrote:
photo

photo

thought I'd post since I've seen a lot of people asking about coils
Large 2018 Altitude A50
I blew up the DPS and decided to go coil, I've had it on for at least a season and regret not switching sooner. Threw a 210x55 Bomber CR on there with a 550lb spring. I'm 6'2" and ~180lbs and tend to ride on the more aggressive end of things and the 550lb spring seems to be right on. I run it in position 2 since according to the charts it is most progressive and gave me a slightly longer reach than P1
I am also able to fit a 170mm dropper with a little room to spare even though I don't have very long legs
This thing rips with the coil but has still stayed pretty playful which was a nice surprise
It even does decent on wicked steep fire roads despite not having a climb switch

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
Also, a bit of a newb question but most springs I'm coming across have the stroke measurements in inches, and I need the 210x55mm (right?). Do I just the closest to 55mm in inches, ie. a 2.25" stroke spring?
Thanks!

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2022 at 8:20 Quote
What tools are you guys using to replace the bearings on this gen of Altitude/Instincts? Do they work well?

I know the eyelet shock hardware/cups/bearings are tricky. I'm wondering what's worked well on those but also the rest of the frames bearings when replacing.

Posted: Mar 13, 2022 at 5:46 Quote
Hello does anyone know of any issues with the altitude A50 2020?

Posted: Apr 23, 2022 at 4:40 Quote
Tool to extract bearing cups from Rocky Mountain rear shocks
Tool to extract bearing cups from Rocky Mountain rear shocks
I saw this in a fb or forum post. It is tricky but has worked.
https://imgur.com/uqiDQtC

Another post I saw suggested using something for holding round tubes in a vise. Hole drilled diameter of the bearing cup, then cut that wood down the middle. use that to grab the outside of the bearing cup without marring it up with vice grip

Svinyard wrote:
What tools are you guys using to replace the bearings on this gen of Altitude/Instincts? Do they work well?

I know the eyelet shock hardware/cups/bearings are tricky. I'm wondering what's worked well on those but also the rest of the frames bearings when replacing.

O+
Posted: May 14, 2022 at 6:49 Quote
I was considering buying this ATP disc brake caliper spreader and cutting notches out of either side to fit the bearings down into. I'd prob brush smooth the cut metal and then maybe try some rubber coating? Thoughts?

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016878
Mobile Version of Website