2018 RM Altitude

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2018 RM Altitude
Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 13:57 Quote
yep that my guess 8.5x2.5,2 offset bushing,too bad i dont have a x2 that size kicking around......

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 23:02 Quote
Hey yall, I'm building up my own Rocky Mountain Altitude but I'm trying to stick as close to the original specs as possible to avoid compromising the intended geometry. Maybe those of you who already own the altitude could provide a few details that RM doesn't state?

What is the length of the stem?
What is the rise of the handlebar?
What is the standard for the brake mount?

Thank you so much!
PS how do you all like the 35mm clamp diameter, notice any difference at all?

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 19:20 Quote
Stem is 50mm
The rise is 10mm I believe.
If by standard you mean the router diameter it is 180mm.

I felt a deference with the bigger stem and bar combo. It wasn't supper noticeable but It felt more solid, and for me it have a better sense of control but maybe that's just some mind games Wink .

You said you were doing a similar build what will you be putting on the bike?

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 20:25 Quote
Just picked up a Altitude C50 a few days ago, stoked! I'm still nursing a sprained wrist so I haven't been able to take it for a proper ride, but should be able to shred within the next week. I picked up an XL at about 6'2" and it fits like a glove. First upgrades will probably be Stan's laced to Hopes and either Float X2 or a DHX2 if I can ever find 210x55.

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 19:56 Quote
Biggs243 wrote:
Has anyone tried to put their ride 9 in position 3? when trying to slide it into this position, which is both chips pointing straight back, It seems as though the shock through hole will never quite line up properly. I can easily slide it into any other position but no mater how hard it try it wont make it into this one.

I have been riding it just in neutral and to be honest it feels perfect to me, but I wanted to play around with it and get a feel for the change and position 3 seemed like the ideal spot, but its the only one that doesn't seem to want to fit.

Anyone else have this issue at all?

On an aside this is the most fun bike ever, it is so poppy and playful and smooths out the small bumps so well. But as a result of the high small bump sensitivity it definitively bobs a lot when pedaling when the shock is full open, but if you are active with the dampening switch into trail or climb mode then there is no issue. I think if they added more to the anti squat etc then it would feel a lot more harsh and stiff in the initial stroke, and they just relied on the variable damping of the shock to really control it for climbs. Which I think was a smart move. While the Altitude is definitely no Slayer on the Downs I have never really felt like I needed that extra bit of travel, even on some local shuttle/free ride trails. That being said I would never bring it to a bike park over my Glory, even though I think it would be more fun.

Literally had this exact problem with position 3 and had to settle with neutral, had a very frustrating time with it.

Posted: Sep 16, 2017 at 8:15 Quote
Ride-9 is fairly easy to adjust on 2013-2016 Altitudes. I hate when something that wasn't broken gets changed (maybe because the bike is slightly thinner and easier to box and ship) but now doesn't work as well. If position 3 doesn't work on the 2018s, Rocky needs to fix the problem or give 11% rebates to everyone buying a Ride-9 but ended up with a Ride-8. (I came up with 11% because loosing 1 position is 11%)

I'll keep riding my 2014 Altitude and 1999 Element, both bikes designed and built very well and working flawlessly...Don

Posted: Sep 16, 2017 at 23:36 Quote
hi,
what shock hardware sizes is the new Altitude frame ?
thanks

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2017 at 11:42 Quote
Cliff-Burton wrote:
hi,
what shock hardware sizes is the new Altitude frame ?
thanks
8.5x2.5

Posted: Sep 17, 2017 at 23:52 Quote
I wanted to know the sizes of the shock hardware, thinking about putting an offset bushing in Wink

I also think the shock size is metric 210x55, right?

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 10:38 Quote
Yeah it's 210x55. Fox says they're making imperial and metric sizes but i have yet to see metric anywhere.

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 11:12 Quote
You can order metric fox shocks through your LBS, although for 210x55 according to Fanatik Bike not much is available at the moment

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 at 8:21 Quote
Just Picked up my new Altitude Last Night. Did a full Custom Build with:
Fox Suspension/Dropper
Deity Cockpit and Seat.
i9 Enduro S Wheels with Der Kaiser Projeckt Tires
Shimano XTR Shifter/Deraileur with Box 11-46 Cassete and Oneup Oval
Hope Cranks/ Brakes, Headset, and BB

So stoked to Ride this thing!!!

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2017 at 21:44 Quote
DirtyHal wrote:
Fox Suspension/Dropper
Deity Cockpit and Seat.

photo

photo

photo

Congrats man that thing's badass!

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 9:03 Quote
Sick build! What size oval were you able to use with the spirit guide?

DirtyHal wrote:
Fox Suspension/Dropper
Deity Cockpit and Seat.

photo

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 9:09 Quote
map-guy wrote:
Sick build! What size oval were you able to use with the spirit guide?

It is a 32T Oval, spirit guide is not on, the shop kind of assumed it wouldn't fit I think? I'm not sure we briefly talked about it when I picked it up, I was in a rush so didn't quiz them further. I didn't get the guide before I walked out either, I'll look into it and let ya'll know if it works.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017504
Mobile Version of Website