MTB in Kauai, Hawaii

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
MTB in Kauai, Hawaii
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 18, 2017 at 19:27 Quote
I'm going on a family trip to Kauai for 10 days in June. I would like to take my bike, but I'm having a hard time finding anything about trails. I called a local bike shop and they said there are trails. The guy wasn't much help just said to come into the shop and they would help me out. I'm just wondering if anyone has anymore info on the trails ?

Posted: May 20, 2017 at 20:36 Quote
Hi Im from Kauai and we have a lot of trails here. We have a group that rides on weekends and sometime weekdays. We have a lot of trails here. There's Powerline on the north shore if youre planning to go there. There's all so Kalepa or Anahola.

Posted: May 20, 2017 at 20:52 Quote
Thank you for replying to my post. Is there anywhere I can go to pull up a map ?
I'm there June 14-24 ,it would be awesome to hook up with a group ride.

Posted: May 21, 2017 at 1:53 Quote
We haven't tried Powerline but my group usually goes to Kalepa or Kealia. Im not quite sure if there are exact maps of those trails on the internet eventhough the trails here were featured on an article a few months back. Youre best bets are to hook up with local riders or go to local bike shops to ask for trail maps. I wish I could show you but I usually work on weekends.

Posted: May 21, 2017 at 9:39 Quote
Ok I'll look into the two spots you suggested. We are there for 10 days so if u find time to show us around let me know .

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 10:51 Quote
I'd like to bump this up. Headed there in the first week of Febuary. Worth renting a bike?

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 10:53 Quote
I used a cruiser to explore random trails, they were out of bikes at the south shore. But I think this video is from the north
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE7fXKKpTJs

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 11:21 Quote
Thanks, that's a good video. I should put the effort into finding some riding there.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004822
Mobile Version of Website