On a Budget, 27.5 wheel sets that won't break the Bank!

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
On a Budget, 27.5 wheel sets that won't break the Bank!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 20, 2017 at 0:21 Quote
Anyone Give me some Advice on a 27.5 Wheelset that won't kill my funds,

Looking for a AM/Enduro Wheel set for no more than £240. 20mm / 12x142.

Want to run 2.5" Tyres but with the possibility to ride Slightly Larger if need's be.

8/9/10 speed or 9/10/11

So far i have seen the Mavic cross rides, Don't know how Bomb proof these are!
Spank spoon 32's with a rear conversion kit. These look promising.
Fulcrum Red Power HP, Again don't know if these are Sturdy enough.
Sun Ringle Add Comps. Again dont know what these are like.

Any info would help me out, I don't know too much about wheel's But have a mean Lapierre 727 Ready for New shoes.

Thanks,

Phil

Posted: May 23, 2017 at 4:02 Quote
Superstar.

I just picked up a 2nd set of 23mm internal proper tubeless with hook on the bead ledge to stop burping for £113, they are on sale at £159 and if you look on their Facebook page they have a code for 33% off, they also do a 28mm internal I think. The rims are better than the Easton / Raceface ARC27's I also have. The superstars survive dent free where the ARCs don't Rising the same trails with same tyres at same speeds. They weigh more or less the same. The hubs, the rear I think roll quicker than my Hope Pro 4, the shell looks to be a copy of the hopes. They are a bargain if not a badge snob.

Posted: May 24, 2017 at 19:03 Quote
If
Your on a budget, I have a set of brand new WTB STP I23 wheels with formula hubs for sale. There boost and 23mm internal width. Only want $150. Like I said literally brand new

Posted: May 25, 2017 at 7:54 Quote
Get a set of these on ebay for under £150

http://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/product/4980/2016-roval-traverse-fattie-650b/

I picked some up off a brand new Enduro for 115 delivered.

Brilliant wheels

Posted: May 25, 2017 at 9:11 Quote
Dnpbakon wrote:
If
Your on a budget, I have a set of brand new WTB STP I23 wheels with formula hubs for sale. There boost and 28mm internal width. Only want $150. Like I said literally brand new

I believe that is 23mm inner. The I25's are 25mm inner

Posted: May 25, 2017 at 9:19 Quote
B4sunris3 wrote:
Dnpbakon wrote:
If
Your on a budget, I have a set of brand new WTB STP I23 wheels with formula hubs for sale. There boost and 28mm internal width. Only want $150. Like I said literally brand new

You are correct! I'm sorry I misread.

Posted: May 25, 2017 at 9:23 Quote
Dnpbakon wrote:
B4sunris3 wrote:
Dnpbakon wrote:
If

no worries..
I just got the AM 4.2 Best bike so far! So Im looking at everything Commencal at the moment! lol
That red look sick!

Posted: May 25, 2017 at 9:45 Quote
B4sunris3 wrote:
Dnpbakon wrote:
B4sunris3 wrote:

no worries..
I just got the AM 4.2 Best bike so far! So Im looking at everything Commencal at the moment! lol
That red look sick!

Haha thanks man! Yea I love the bike so far! Just gotta sell all the stock parts :pp

Posted: May 25, 2017 at 13:10 Quote
[Quote="StevieJB"]Superstar.

Stevie,

This does sound like the best option, I have been eyeing up Superstar wheels. Nice to hear some feed back from someone who has Some! There is so much choice out there it can get overwhelming.
I will set my sights in on these me Thinks.

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 20:13 Quote
+1 for superstar. Or the other option is getting some custom built at your LBS. Its surprising how cheap custom wheels can be made for.

FL
Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 7:04 Quote
I'm running spank oozys laced to hope hubs. Super stiff and the rims are actually only a few grams heavier than the comparable enve rims. You could save a ton of money on the build by lacing in XT or even slx hubs. That might still come out over your price point though depending on the labor to have them built at your local shop. Wtb has some very solid rim options for good prices as well that might make it easier to come in on budget.

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 14:51 Quote
Dnpbakon wrote:
If
Your on a budget, I have a set of brand new WTB STP I23 wheels with formula hubs for sale. There boost and 23mm internal width. Only want $150. Like I said literally brand new

Do you still have that set?

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 14:55 Quote
2slow4you wrote:
Dnpbakon wrote:
If

Do you still have that set?

I do. Pm me. 9546558316

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 3:24 Quote
I'd avoid crossrides. I had a pair on my ridged commuter bike and broke the hub she'll where the spokes are secured. That bike only ever saw road use!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012242
Mobile Version of Website