Air forks vs spring forks

PB Forum :: Downhill
Air forks vs spring forks
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 25, 2017 at 21:03 Quote
Hey guys! Just went out and bought a used 2014 kona park operator M. It is running a rockshox domain dual crown 200mm 20mm DO and in the back it packs a rockshox Kage R. I noticed the front fork is spring suspension and the rear looks to be spring and hydraulic . I'm 6'1.5 and about 170 pounds. o you think this bike will work good for me? Let me know thanks

Posted: May 26, 2017 at 7:49 Quote
Totally wrong for your weight. You should definitely go air front and back

Posted: May 27, 2017 at 4:50 Quote
What? How can you say that without knowing his spring rates?

Posted: May 27, 2017 at 21:15 Quote
Painhawk wrote:
What? How can you say that without knowing his spring rates?

That's exactly what I thought If he post his spring rates then we can tell him whether or not there right for his weight

Posted: May 28, 2017 at 7:46 Quote
cameronkraushar wrote:
Hey guys! Just went out and bought a used 2014 kona park operator M. It is running a rockshox domain dual crown 200mm 20mm DO and in the back it packs a rockshox Kage R. I noticed the front fork is spring suspension and the rear looks to be spring and hydraulic . I'm 6'1.5 and about 170 pounds. o you think this bike will work good for me? Let me know thanks

Both your forks and shock use a spring and hydraulics. Have a wee look on google at how they work. The more you know, the better you'll be at setting your bike up and getting the most from it. What concerns me is that you are over 6' and riding a medium frame. Kona's aren't big bikes, so you may want to demo some larger frames and think about selling yours on before you put more miles on it. However, if you feel it suits you size wise, then happy days.
As others have said, post your spring rates. Better still, go ahead and set your sag front and back and that will tell you all you need to know. Too much sag - stiffer spring. Too little - softer spring. You will need to understand preload as well. Hit google, do some research and setting up and come bk here with any further questions.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010163
Mobile Version of Website