Lost axle spacer rear derailleur side? 2012 GT FURY rear

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Lost axle spacer rear derailleur side? 2012 GT FURY rear
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 28, 2017 at 0:54 Quote
Hello, FNG here.

Looking to get back into biking and bought mysefl a used Fury. The hub is a All Terra (/GT brand I'm guessing)

Seems I'm missing a piece that I believe should fit into the female portion of the recess on the hub axle. The brake side has what looks like a press fit textured/knurled portion that mates with it's counterpart on the dropout but the derailleur side is missing this.

THe dropouts measure 151.97mm and change with calipers (150 standard) but when I place the wheel in, there is about a 2mm gap on the right when the left side is flush with the dropout.

Can anyone comment if it is infact missing? Any idea where I could find a replacement (I can't seem to find anything on the internet, not even sure what it's called)

Also how tight should the two end nuts be holding the spacers to the bearings?

Posted: May 28, 2017 at 1:15 Quote
i can confirm you aren't missing anything, the extra 2mm across the dropouts will probably be a combination of a small amount of free space for ease of installation and an "acceptable" amount of space specified in the factory for good to go frames post alignment.
there is no insert that goes in that bigger recess in the drive side of the axle, no idea why they have it...
FYI, those hubs share inner workings with numerous other hubs on the market should you require spares in the future.

Posted: May 28, 2017 at 8:11 Quote
Thanks appreciate it.

Supposed me that there is no fitting and they would only place one textured end in the opposite side.

How tight should the two end nuts be?

I can't seem to find a manual for the bike that has torque specs.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011080
Mobile Version of Website