Break lever won't go tight

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Break lever won't go tight
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 28, 2017 at 21:42 Quote
The odyssey Springfield brake lever that came on my 2017 Sunday primer won't tighten and I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this problem or has had it happen to them and knows of a solution. (I know this is a stupid problem and I'm probably just missing something really basic but I can't for the life of me figure it out so I decided to ask you guys.)

Thanks Noah

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 0:57 Quote
You mean tightening it onto the bars?

If so, Is it supposed to have a nylock nut on the other side of the cap screw or if it is threaded has it been stripped?

Or do you mean it is fully tight and still can spin around the bars?

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 7:32 Quote
Drawn wrote:
You mean tightening it onto the bars?

If so, Is it supposed to have a nylock nut on the other side of the cap screw or if it is threaded has it been stripped?

Or do you mean it is fully tight and still can spin around the bars?

Ya it's fully tight but can still spin and slide around the bars

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 0:32 Quote
hmm. that is a bit odd.
Is this a brand new build or has it previously been tight?

Just trying to piece together a few causes, ie if you had a crash and its opened itself up a bit or so on.

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 8:14 Quote
Drawn wrote:
hmm. that is a bit odd.
Is this a brand new build or has it previously been tight?

Just trying to piece together a few causes, ie if you had a crash and its opened itself up a bit or so on.

I never had a crash on it. What happened was I adjusted the angle of my bars then decided I didn't like where my brake lever was so I losened it a turn or two to move it and it wouldn't go tight after that

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 8:23 Quote
So you are tightening the clamp all the way till the screw stops and its still not tight..

The clamp is bent most likely, but thats rather strange, you'd have to be able to see damage, they dont bend easily and its new..

I'd contact whomever you got it from and see what they have to say as well

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 12:43 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
So you are tightening the clamp all the way till the screw stops and its still not tight..

The clamp is bent most likely, but thats rather strange, you'd have to be able to see damage, they dont bend easily and its new..

Ok I'll take it in to my local bike shop and have them look at

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 15:09 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:

Yeah, that's what I was starting to think.
If it was a brand new build never put together it could have been a potential defect (rare but possible) or if in a crash could have been bent.

Stupid thought, but if you put it onto the other side of the bars (ie right side to left side) if it did the same thing. Would definitely narrow it down to the lever then.

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 15:46 Quote
Drawn wrote:
Aaronz25RS wrote:

Yeah, that's what I was starting to think.
If it was a brand new build never put together it could have been a potential defect (rare but possible) or if in a crash could have been bent.

Stupid thought, but if you put it onto the other side of the bars (ie right side to left side) if it did the same thing. Would definitely narrow it down to the lever then.

Ok thanks so much for your help guys

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011851
Mobile Version of Website