Incompatible pedals?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Incompatible pedals?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 29, 2017 at 2:34 Quote
Hey guys, quick question: why aren't my Premium Slim PC Pedals screwing into my Animal Akimbo Cranks?

Threads are fine, grease is used.

They screw in about 2 mm and then completely seize up as if tightened by the Hulk.

I can't find any evidence that the pedals are incompatible with the cranks. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 8:11 Quote
Sometimes I have this problem with my downhill bike and it's usaly because I'm cross threading my pedals into the cranks. So my advice would be to try again and make sure your not cross threading them aside from that I can't really help you

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 13:39 Quote
Yeah what he said. Also, there is a left and right specific pedal and a left and right specific crankarm. Make sure you aren't mixing them, or you'll damage threads and your cranks will be garbage after that. You could helicoil after, but it isn't

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 11:38 Quote
Most cranks have threads the go all the way through the arm. If you can find a bolt that will thread all the way through the opposite side it will chase the threads clean. Might be difficult finding a left hand thread bolt, though not impossible.

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 21:51 Quote
Have had a similar issue before with brand new cranks (different brand)
They did need a tap to be run through as they had a small imperfection.
Your local shop should have a set of pedal taps, and its not even a 2 minute job.

Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 1:34 Quote
Yea just make sure you are not screwing into the wrong crank arm. Remember the left side crank arm is reverse threaded, so it tightens to the right. This is only different if your cranks are set up left side drive, then it is the opposite. Other than this advice just go for it, keep on tightening and loosening as you go. I just had this problem but I continued to screw them in and it worked out fine. Might just be paint on the new pedal threads causing it to not fit quite right.

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 17:18 Quote
...and make sure if your cranks are right and left side drive, you dont have the arms on opposite sides, thus making you think you are threading the 'left' pedal in the 'left' side arm, but in reality aren't

Posted: Oct 7, 2017 at 6:01 Quote
Do you have 1/2" (1pc crank) pedals trying to go in 9/16" (3pc) cranks?

Goin in 2 threads and it tightening like the hulk makes me think so...

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010514
Mobile Version of Website