UK bike park?

PB Forum :: Downhill
UK bike park?
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 11:44 Quote
pandha wrote:
yeah, 2-3 days, no more, i personally prefer to go there just for one day, then next day puddletown (if still exists) or watchmoor.

Uk Bike park and Puddletown yes but watchmoore no .. its realy for beginers the biggest drop is like 2 ft and other than that just a helter skelter and a box.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
crudmunch wrote:
Is there enough at UK bike park to justify spending 2 or 3 days there? will only be buying standard day passes as am a bit skint for the uplift service

It's a very steep hill to walk up if you fancy it. Quite a long way too

FL
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 12:05 Quote
Lenny-Twenny wrote:
pandha wrote:
yeah, 2-3 days, no more, i personally prefer to go there just for one day, then next day puddletown (if still exists) or watchmoor.

Uk Bike park and Puddletown yes but watchmoore no .. its realy for beginers the biggest drop is like 2 ft and other than that just a helter skelter and a box.

Where is puddletown and watchmoore?

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 12:55 Quote
crudmunch wrote:
Lenny-Twenny wrote:
pandha wrote:

Where is puddletown and watchmoore?

'Puddletown' is puddletown forest however you will need to go with someone who has already been because its hard to find the riding spots.

Watchmoor is between Ringwood and Verwood in some woods however its much easier stuff than say uk bike park.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 14:52 Quote
mikeyridesbikes wrote:
crudmunch wrote:
Is there enough at UK bike park to justify spending 2 or 3 days there? will only be buying standard day passes as am a bit skint for the uplift service

i cant stress enough how badly you will need the uplift if you are going to go to the bottom of the hill. Whip
uplift is so worth the £25

FL
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 15:05 Quote
QuinBaird wrote:
mikeyridesbikes wrote:
crudmunch wrote:

i cant stress enough how badly you will need the uplift if you are going to go to the bottom of the hill. Whip
uplift is so worth the £25

Could you just session little bits at a time to limit your pushing up? Or is it more about doing full runs?

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 9:22 Quote
ye that is still great fun. although only worth about a day of riding. you should book onto the uplift this sunday. there shouldn't be many people because its the day after race day although some people may stay on so its hard to say.

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 4:00 Quote
Watchmoore is for beginners but there some short dh runs plus road gap, one huge jump and 3 small ones...

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 1:42 Quote
UKBP uplift yesterday was amazingtup
now its rainingThumbs Down
but it was so dry and fast yesterday Razz

FL
Posted: Jul 7, 2009 at 11:01 Quote
QuinBaird wrote:

I was there aswel! It was really awesome!

Were you on your norco? i didnt see it?

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 2:11 Quote
crudmunch wrote:
QuinBaird wrote:

I was there aswel! It was really awesome!

Were you on your norco? i didnt see it?
building up my new mythic wildcard so just borrowed a commencal meta which is kind of tricked out for downhill which was pretty nice

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 12:28 Quote
Is there any camp sites near to the bike park that anyone would recommend?

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 12:32 Quote
Internetbiker wrote:

Not sure but you can camp up at the park during certain weekend. Anyone do the uplift on sunday it was a belter!

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 12:35 Quote
Lenny-Twenny wrote:
Internetbiker wrote:

Not sure but you can camp up at the park during certain weekend. Anyone do the uplift on sunday it was a belter!

We are planning on going for a few days during the week, the website says the bike parks camp site is only open for events.

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 12:37 Quote
Internetbiker wrote:
Lenny-Twenny wrote:
Internetbiker wrote:

We are planning on going for a few days during the week, the website says the bike parks camp site is only open for events.

That is true on the website it may tell you if there are any camp sites near by. There is a campsite just a few miles a way but i cant remember the name im afraid i pass it when i go there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.228220
Mobile Version of Website