2018 Float DPS EVOL rear shock volume spacers

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
2018 Float DPS EVOL rear shock volume spacers
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2017 at 6:07 Quote
I recently got Pivot's new Mach 5.5. I have had a few rides and decided that I would definitely like to put in a larger volume spacer to give just a bit more bottom out resistance. The shock works great and so does the bike, the bottoming I experienced wasn't too hard or happening often, but I prefer the additional mid stroke support from an additional spacer along with resistance to bottoming from say, a landing after a small jump.

I am wondering if any has this shock too and can talk about their experience with it. And also what volume spacer kit I would need to find. I am having trouble finding the kit that specifically states compatibility with the 2018 model. Or maybe the kit for any of Fox's DPS shocks will be the one I need to find.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2017 at 18:16 Quote
I see all that now. I agree, that is what it seems like to be saying. However, I just input the custom ID from the shock on the fox site and it says that the shock has a 0.8 spacer in it....

Very confusing. I reached out to Pivot and will do the same with Fox.

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2017 at 11:38 Quote
I know this is after the fact, but I called fox today (8/4/17) and was told that the .4 inch spacers are available but the .6 will not be available until 8/24 and the .8 will not be available until September. These spacers are also color coded now (green, yellow, orange). Hopefully this helps someone else looking for answers on the new 2018 float dps models with the evol upgrade.

Posted: Aug 5, 2017 at 18:33 Quote
Thanks for sharing that update, neologisticzand! I was just about to reach out to Fox, because I need a larger spacer on my Hightower LT.

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 22:32 Quote
Quick little update – I reached out to Fox today and they only knew the new timelines for the DPX2 2018 volume spacers:
"The Positive Air Volume spacer kit for the DPX2 (803-01-251) will become available on 9/22
The Negative Air Volume spacers (233-00-321) will become available on 9/29."

I know the DPX2 spacers will NOT fit in a dps. I'll post another update once the Fox service guy sends me the DPS spacer availability.

EDIT 11/02/2017: Contrary to the original response from Fox customer support, the DPS volume spacers (FLOAT DPS 9mm shaft Kit: PN 803-01-250) are still on backorder until end of December. Based on forum posts, some ppl were able to get early production runs of the kit from distributors in the UK, but no dice here. My LBS has ordered a kit. It's unbelievable that Fox can't get their act together and have a simple plastic piece in stock almost 8 months after the new shocks became available.
Madder
The Hightower LT's rear suspension stinks without maxed out volume spacers...

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 6:42 Quote
I have just received the 803-01-251 spacer kit, included in the kit was as follows.
Purple 0.2in
Grey 0.4in
Light blue 0.6 in
Blue 0.86in
Dark blue 1.02in
Hope this helps

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 12:36 Quote
Anyone have any information on the new MY18+ volume kit and where to get it?

On the Fox website it states:
WARNING: Pre-2018 air volume spacers above 0.40"^3 cannot be used with MY18 shocks. The new 2018+ air volume spacers are backwards compatible and can be used in all sizes for MY18 as specified by the chart below. The use of pre-2018 air volume spacers above 0.40"^3 volume can cause damage within the shock.

So for the bigger spacers you need a 2018+ volume kit.

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 17:40 Quote
Has anyone tried the 1.02in spacer in the 2018 DPX2? I cannot get it to fit - I can't tighten up the air sleeve completely.

-------
Yemi

winston1192 wrote:
I have just received the 803-01-251 spacer kit, included in the kit was as follows.
Purple 0.2in
Grey 0.4in
Light blue 0.6 in
Blue 0.86in
Dark blue 1.02in
Hope this helps

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2017 at 1:35 Quote
Ive only tried the 0.6in with mine and love it so far, interested on the outcome of this though? Surely it must fit? Sorry but do you have the spacer the correct way round?

YemBot wrote:
Has anyone tried the 1.02in spacer in the 2018 DPX2? I cannot get it to fit - I can't tighten up the air sleeve completely.

-------
Yemi

winston1192 wrote:
Purple 0.2in
Grey 0.4in
Light blue 0.6 in
Blue 0.86in
Dark blue 1.02in
Hope this helps

Posted: Jan 5, 2018 at 9:04 Quote
Quick update on the MY18 DPS (9mm shaft) spacer kit: No shop on the east coast has them in stock, so I reached out to FOX customer support again, and the guy said "these things sell out fast. Another set of 200 is due on 1/19."

I'm baffled that they produce these cheap plastic parts in such crazy small batches, for a shock that's fitted as a stock option on a lot of MY18 bikes. (Santa Cruz Hightower LT, in my case.)

If you want to get yours in time for the season, I suggest having your LBS place a backorder now, or reaching out to the Fox sales department.

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 21:32 Quote
Lankycrank wrote:
Quick update on the MY18 DPS (9mm shaft) spacer kit: No shop on the east coast has them in stock, so I reached out to FOX customer support again, and the guy said "these things sell out fast. Another set of 200 is due on 1/19."

I'm baffled that they produce these cheap plastic parts in such crazy small batches, for a shock that's fitted as a stock option on a lot of MY18 bikes. (Santa Cruz Hightower LT, in my case.)

If you want to get yours in time for the season, I suggest having your LBS place a backorder now, or reaching out to the Fox sales department.

That's exactly what I did. I got a set by backordering them a while in advance. They really are a nightmare to get a hold of

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 at 13:40 Quote
I ordered a set from Jenson a couple weeks ago and they were in stock. The Fox 32mm top cap socket is impossible to find though.

Posted: Mar 30, 2018 at 18:42 Quote
jeremy3220 wrote:
I ordered a set from Jenson a couple weeks ago and they were in stock. The Fox 32mm top cap socket is impossible to find though.

Yup, finally got mine at the End of February.

Regarding the top cap socket: You can find plenty of chamferless sockets and entire wrenches on eBay and online bike shops. I've got this wrench in the mail, 13$... https://www.ebay.com/itm/WCM-30mm-32mm-Fork-Wrench-Tool-fits-FOX-FIT-CTD-top-air-cap-Socket-Fox-40-36/252011535057?hash=item3aad0edad1:g:HFQAAOSwBahU55bA

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 30, 2018 at 19:13 Quote
I'm thinking about just buying a 6 point 32mm socket and grinding the chamfer off.

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2018 at 10:40 Quote
Lunar Bike Tools makes pretty inexpensive fabricated tools for removing the topcaps of forks. I have one for my Fox 34

http://www.lunarbikes.com/tools.htm

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014598
Mobile Version of Website