Do you want to make Pinkbike and Trailforks better? Pinkbike is looking for full time Software Developers - Check Available Jobs

Sram Type 3 Clutch?

PB Forum :: SRAM
Sram Type 3 Clutch?
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 4:52 Quote
I've disassembled whole clutch and there is no chance to adjust the clutch. But... you can easly replace sram derailleur with new SHIMANO SLX/XT/XTR. I've put a XTR to my trek remedy 8, and it works perfectly with sram eagle's cassette, chain, shifter etc. Shimano's clutch works great, and you can easly adjust it.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 15:57 Quote
I’ve had the T25 cover off mine tonight and if you turn the 4mm hex counter clockwise the clutch definitely has a reduced effect. And when it’s turned clockwise eventually it stops dropping out of the largest gear. Has anyone else found that?

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 8:48 Quote
JackJ100 wrote:
I’ve had the T25 cover off mine tonight and if you turn the 4mm hex counter clockwise the clutch definitely has a reduced effect. And when it’s turned clockwise eventually it stops dropping out of the largest gear. Has anyone else found that?
No, definitely not.

Behind the T25 cover the 4mm hex does nothing. If you pull off the cage on the other end of this axle, there is a pressed in shim over the roller clutch, and you can turn the axle with that 4mm hex without any effect.
No way to remove more parts...ok, with a drill make a small hole in the shim to extract it..?
The T25 plastic cover could work like a friction damper, if the plastic wasnt that soft.

Shimano wins on this.

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 11:58 Quote
It definitely made a difference. How, I’m
Not sure. I haven’t had it to bits further.

Posted: 23 hours ago Quote
Hi all,

Is there any known fix for reduced clutch effect in the GX derailleur?

I kept dropping the chain on big hits when riding at the weekend and I can only assume the clutch is going.

Annoying as the derailleur is less than a month old.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009437
Mobile Version of Website