Sram Type 3 Clutch?

PB Forum :: SRAM
Sram Type 3 Clutch?
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 13:11 Quote
Bratanvovik wrote:
take off the stopper on the cage its unscrewable, put the cage on and spin it until its tensioned

So glad I came across this little note here, thanks a zillion!!

Posted: Mar 21, 2021 at 11:59 Quote
I just cut up a wrecked GX derailleur and there seems to be one big nut cast into the plastic with the rest of the clutch assembly somehow secured inside it. You could in theory just press the whole clutch assembly out of the derailieur from the inside and replace it with a working one from a donor derailieur. That would shear off two small lips that retain the big nut when the cage is not attached, but I am guessing none of you ride around without a derailieur cage.

I just uploaded pictures of it to my pinkbike acc.

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 13:17 Quote
HunterBoMTB wrote:
collintimmermans wrote:
Installed sram AXS xx1 on my XTR 9100 grouppo. Don't ask why lol.
The clutch totally sucks, super noisy, non adjustable, wicked amounts of chainslap. I've tried everything on my Megatower. Trust me I'm crazy with sound deadening; extra padding, pulley lower guide (no sprocket slap) extra padding on seatstay, STFU silencer.... Nope.
Took a slo-mo video and saw the insane chain slap just on flat ground.
Santa Cruz VPP chain growth combined with poopy sram type 3 clutch... Ugg so annoying

same issue! sram gx mech with srams chainring, recently overhauled the clutch (type 3) to no avail.
this is a good video, and it is the same on all 12speed mechs. anyone got any ideas? i think it might just be the spring. i gave it one turn of preload, don't know what else to do...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnU7vGzUNlY&t=318s

What happens if you give it 2 turns of preload? Is is even possible?

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 15:23 Quote
You can not preload a sprag clutch. Look up the mechanism and you will understand.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006822
Mobile Version of Website