Shoes for Flat Pedals: What's currently your favorite?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Shoes for Flat Pedals: What's currently your favorite?
Previous Page |
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 12:05 Quote
My Five Ten Contact Freerider's are de-lamming on the sole from about a year's riding, which is a bummer cause the rest of the shoe is still in decent shape. I'm thinking about buying the Adidas Terrex Trail SL since it comes in a size 14, and they look like they may be a bit better built than the Five Ten shoes. . .

What are you enjoying? I ride mostly XC to AM stuff with a little bit of DH.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 12:18 Quote
Interested in this thread! Both of the shoes you have mentioned are on my radar. Looking to get the adidas as a hiking shoe but it would be great if they worked well on the bike too!

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 13:29 Quote
The Terrex is a great shoe, well made and sturdy though not exactly lightweight. The build and styling is a bit more like a hiking shoe than a skate shoe and it does have some deeper tread on the toe and heel but I wouldn't say it's great for hiking in anything other than the dry because it's still a flat shoe after all.

It has a stealth sole like the 5-10s with a triangular tread and seems grippy and hard wearing enough and the heel and toe are reinforced. Definitely worth a look.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 18:51 Quote
Joemmo wrote:
The Terrex is a great shoe, well made and sturdy though not exactly lightweight. The build and styling is a bit more like a hiking shoe than a skate shoe and it does have some deeper tread on the toe and heel but I wouldn't say it's great for hiking in anything other than the dry because it's still a flat shoe after all.

It has a stealth sole like the 5-10s with a triangular tread and seems grippy and hard wearing enough and the heel and toe are reinforced. Definitely worth a look.

Cool! Thanksfor the input!

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 23:44 Quote
I have the Terrex now and it is a light sturdy shoe with a pretty rigid sole but not sure if it is all Stealth rubber. Maybe just the front sole but it is grippy on the pedals. Great price compared to 5-10

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 0:01 Quote
unrooted wrote:
My Five Ten Contact Freerider's are de-lamming on the sole from about a year's riding, which is a bummer cause the rest of the shoe is still in decent shape. I'm thinking about buying the Adidas Terrex Trail SL since it comes in a size 14, and they look like they may be a bit better built than the Five Ten shoes. . .

What are you enjoying? I ride mostly XC to AM stuff with a little bit of DH.

I've had two pairs of freeriders delam in two years, but I love the shoe. I just picked up shoe adhsive called shoe goo and reglued the areas where the sole is detaching. So far so good, It has been holding up for about a month without any sign of delamming again.

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 5:46 Quote
I have the Giro Jackets
They're very comfortable and grip to my Diety pedals well
I would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants a pair of good shoes
They have lasted well so far too (almost a year and look brand new still)

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 6:20 Quote
There is this guy named Sam Hill who wears flats

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 7:53 Quote
Also using the terrex
go for it

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 19:42 Quote
I got a pair of SCG shoes Mid tops back in october. They last a really long time. Small brand, mostly bmx, but are damn good! I've been trying to get them into doing more with MTB, since they already work so well.

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 19:47 Quote
I just wear DCs.....

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 0:18 Quote
My Sam Hill 5:10 are great would definitely recommend and still going after 2 years! That said I have a mate who just rides in steal toecap safety shoes from work, he says for DH they're the best thing hes ever ridden in.

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 7:54 Quote
I ended up getting a pair of freerider pros, which work well, but they look like the uppers are made from plastic....hopefully they last longer than my freerider contacts did.

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 8:25 Quote
Also on the Terrex bandwagon, prefer them over my Freeriders.

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 9:13 Quote
freerider ELC five ten,I don't know what the ELC is supposed to mean but they are stiffer and grippier than my worn out freeriders

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017886
Mobile Version of Website