Shoes for Flat Pedals: What's currently your favorite?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Shoes for Flat Pedals: What's currently your favorite?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 10:19 Quote
Received my third pair of 5 ten freeriders, years worth of perfect grip and solid shoes. Went for the canvas versions this time and the grip doesn't seem much cop at all..

Compared to the last pair and previous pairs of freerider pros, last pair are now 4 years old.

Anyone else find this or just a naff batch

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 23:34 Quote
False wrote:
Haha, any vans shoes, skate or five 10s

I have had an endless cycle of vans classic highs as my bike shoes for years. This season I was looking at picking up a pair of five 10s solely to get a more rigid sole and some more pedalling efficiency.

Not sure if I wanna make the step though....

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 23:52 Quote
wcMike wrote:
False wrote:

I have had an endless cycle of vans classic highs as my bike shoes for years. This season I was looking at picking up a pair of five 10s solely to get a more rigid sole and some more pedalling efficiency.

Do it....you'll never look back

.....and thank me later Wink

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 23:55 Quote
unrooted wrote:
My Five Ten Contact Freerider's are de-lamming on the sole from about a year's riding, which is a bummer cause the rest of the shoe is still in decent shape. I'm thinking about buying the Adidas Terrex Trail SL since it comes in a size 14, and they look like they may be a bit better built than the Five Ten shoes. . .

What are you enjoying? I ride mostly XC to AM stuff with a little bit of DH.
Ive been using different vans shoes my whole riding life and they each last a few years of riding and far cheaper then five-ten shoes. (gilbert crocket and style 112 work best)

Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 3:31 Quote
wcMike wrote:
False wrote:

Get Adidas TrailCross instead, same rubber, but it will not fall apart in a few weeks like new 5.10s do.

Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 3:41 Quote
Losvar wrote:
wcMike wrote:
False wrote:

Get Adidas TrailCross instead, same rubber, but it will not fall apart in a few weeks like new 5.10s do.

???? Fivetens falling apart? I've got the freerider eps shoes and they r mint

Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 4:07 Quote
sam14thomas wrote:
Losvar wrote:
wcMike wrote:

???? Fivetens falling apart? I've got the freerider eps shoes and they r mint

My Freeriders look like they've been through war and hell and all bad things you can think of, they look awful, while my Adidas shoes, that offer better support, better protection, dries faster and are lighter, look almost like new, despite having been through the same torture.

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 10:29 Quote
filmdrew wrote:
These came in today... sexy AF

new:
New shoes today These are super dialed. Leather harder toe cap indestructible sole. So pumped. Made by SCg Shoes rider owned .

False wrote:

How's the sizing? I'm a 13 in most Vans, but a 14 in 5.10...

Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 14:35 Quote
Freerider Pros have been good so far, big upgrade from the originals.

Posted: Aug 2, 2017 at 4:06 Quote
TallTomT wrote:
Freerider Pros have been good so far, big upgrade from the originals.

Thinking of trying 5.10 again when the Impact Pros drop, they look Nice.

Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 13:47 Quote
unrooted wrote:
filmdrew wrote:
These came in today... sexy AF

False wrote:

How's the sizing? I'm a 13 in most Vans, but a 14 in 5.10...

Sizing supposedly runs true to measurement, so you could always back your heel against the wall and measure out to about 1/4" in front of your toes. And the product pages have a size-conversion chart on them. For me, I went a half size up since I like wearing thicker socks. Mine felt slightly snug for the first few days, then shaped to my foot and have not stretched or budged from there for over 4 months.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018283
Mobile Version of Website