BC's longest decents

PB Forum :: Canada - West
BC's longest decents
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 2:21 Quote
Hey guys,

Im heading over to BC in august for 3 weeks with a mate, we're doing a road trip and hitting up a few bike parks, whistler, silver star, revelstoke, squamish, that kinda stuff.

Im just wanting to track down some really long out of bike park decents. I spent a summer i California last year about 20 minutes drive from the top of the Downieville Classic trail and looking for more of the same. Whats What decent's has Canada got over 3500ft?

cheers

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 13:38 Quote
hoolydooly wrote:
Hey guys,

Im heading over to BC in august for 3 weeks with a mate, we're doing a road trip and hitting up a few bike parks, whistler, silver star, revelstoke, squamish, that kinda stuff.

Im just wanting to track down some really long out of bike park decents. I spent a summer i California last year about 20 minutes drive from the top of the Downieville Classic trail and looking for more of the same. Whats What decent's has Canada got over 3500ft?

cheers

Whistler Bike Park - Top of the World down through the bike park (No Joke, Duffman etc) = 5,200 vertical feet.
Kicking Horse Resort - T4 to LSD to Canyon Creek, I believe it is 4,500 vertical feet.

Others I have not seen in person: Revelstoke Martha Creek DH (shuttle) and Mt. Cartier (heli drop or a long hike up). Retallack has some really long descents accessed from shuttle or heli drop as well.

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 14:02 Quote
There is really nice decent that you can make from the top of silverstar, by linking up some trails .. the flow is actually pretty good, with very little double track connecting. it's about a 1000m of vert... there a two (maybe three) short pedally bits, so an all mountain type bike would be best, but you could pull it off on a DH bike.

Reference trail forks;

From Silver Star Summit - take aberdeen XC ski trail ( there is actually an old single track trail called Stubbies that runs parallel to this, that's the best route, but its not on trial forks..so you either have to ask around or find a trail map circa 2007)
Those trails go to --> Rubber Boot --> cell tower connector (its actually a microwave tower, this is a pedally spot) --> raw bones --> Upper Dagmal -->(short pedal in between these two, skip Upper Dagmal for less pedaling) --> hammered cow-->My way or the highway (pedally bit) ---> spanky's---> shy turtle.

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 14:37 Quote
for "out of bike park" - Mount 7? (don't know vertical but it's near KHR)

https://www.trailforks.com/region/mount-7/

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 14:55 Quote
Della Creek is 2220 m / 7280 ft vertical for the heli drop.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 16:46 Quote
cerebroside wrote:

Wow really? That is huge. Which heli operator does that drop?

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
gramboh wrote:
cerebroside wrote:

Wow really? That is huge. Which heli operator does that drop?

Haven't done it unfortunately, just heard about it when driving through. Price I heard sounded reasonable, but not sure who the operator was. Maybe Blackcomb Heli as they list a Lillooet location?

The 2220 m figure is just total vert from Trailforks. Looks like you can shuttle ~1500 m of it on an access road.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015162
Mobile Version of Website