Adding a Riding Buddy Section

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Adding a Riding Buddy Section
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 15:50 Quote
I would love to see a section on Trailforks and even on Pinkbike where a rider could go to find other riders in their area that want to meet up for a ride. I am a climber too and use Mountain Project for route descriptions and other features like their Find a Partner section if I don't have anyone to go climbing with or am in a new area. I know there is the regional forum section in the Pinkbike forums but something a little more specific to finding riding buddies would be awesome!

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 17:15 Quote
I thought about doing something like this years ago, just so many potential things on my todo list!

You can kinda do this already... I have done it myself on road trips. Visit a region page on the Trailforks website, goto the ridelogs tab for that region and view the list of top riders. Then message a few of the top riders. If they ride that area that often they are most likely knowledgeable and willing to share.

For an official feature and search related to this, I think it would have to be an opt-in thing. There is also several new mountain biking guide apps just coming out this year, dedicated to this sort of thing.

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019648
Mobile Version of Website