Which way to go?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Which way to go?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 25, 2017 at 8:37 Quote
Hi. I'm currently running a Codeine 650b with shimano 1x11 , 36t chainring and 11-46 cassette. My hardtail is shimano 2x10, 28-40t chainrings and 11-36 cassette, i really like the 2x gearing but my Codeine is only 1x compatible, so i got the gearing close as i could to my 2x. Problems​ i've got are i just replaced my chain on the 1x for first time,as it was 80+% worn , i did notice the highest 3 gears looked a bit worn, but weren't jumping on old chain on replacing chain it now jumps under high pressure in highest 3 gears, adjustments make no difference, so there worn out. I'm reluctant to spend £70 on another cassette that only lasts the life of 1 chain, plus it's a bit lacking in top speed for where i usually ride compared to my 2x, partially due to a 11t top gear, plus at certain trails the gearing could be slightly lower. So if i get another 11-46 cassette that's what i've got in store. But i could bite the bullet put my hand in my pocket and convert my DT Swiss 350 hub to a Sram xd drive and put a 10-42 cassette on it with a 34t chainring. Giving me a better topspeed and lowering the gearing a bit , not as low as the 46t lowest gear but not far off.whats your views

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007439
Mobile Version of Website