Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 16:36 Quote
TuEagleSpeaker wrote:
conv3rt wrote:
No issues here in nelson BC. Spend some time on the shock (like always) and you'll be rewarded. I'm consistently faster on my sentinel than I was on my patrol. Big wheels, great geo, and kinematics. My only advice would be to look at carbon if you worry about weight for the climb. I was able to swap over some parts from another build on a used frame (wr1 wheels to a gen 1 carbon sentinel). Climbs better than my patrol did. No regrets at all!

Thanks man. Yeah I will likely have to throw in a relatively large volume spacer and I'll play with the compression and rebound a lot. I did order the alloy version as it was quite a bit cheaper with a nice spec - not too worried about the weight even though she's a heavy one.

Have fun with it!

Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 3:34 Quote
Mtenure wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:
Anyone run upgraded shock besides dpx2 on their bikes? How is it if so?

I just did my first ride on a Fox Float X2, it isn't dialed in yet. The swap to the X2 has made a world of difference in the grip and descending. The Float X2 doesn't pedal as efficiently (used climb switch), but has way more grip for me while pedaling up technical climbs. with the DPX2 the fork outperformed the rear and know it's the opposite.

I struggled with harshness on the DPX2 when I had enough support for chassis stability.
have you tried the DPX2 without the token? it made a HUGE difference in traction and plushness.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 9:48 Quote
Hi everyone i have a 2019 carbon gx i love the bike but I'm getting an annoying knocking/feeling coming from the what feels like the shock or back end.
I'm an experienced mountain biker and it feels just like a worn shock bushing or shagged bearing. Cassette, mech hanger, headset wheels seat cranks etc are all torqued properly and tight.
I thought at first it was my bottle in its cage banging about so i took it off and its not that.
I ride with a group of 8 experienced riders one a bike mechanic they've all had a go and can come up with no resolve.

The only things it could be is cables rattling about but thats quite a distinct tappy noise or the shock itself making a knock on its return stroke a bit like stiction.
Apologies for the wordy post but any thoughts on this will be greatly recieved.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
Same issue with mine. Best I can tell is that its the chain. Let me guess at this, you feel this while at high speed when in a high gear on terrain that has lots of small bumps but no real big hits. I rode sections of trail which produced this both in a high and a low gear. While in low gear (chain much further away from CS) I don't know that I noticed it. But in high gear it's profound. With the baby sized ring on the front the chain practically runs on the CS in you 10t cog, which I often am in. I'm thinking of bumping up to a 32 or 34 because of this and because I don't need such a crazy low climbing gear.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 11:07 Quote
Yeah the chain does run really close ive often thought it was that ive put some Sugru moldable rubber stuff on mine so the chain cant slap at all still gives the sensation of a knock though.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 11:18 Quote
robertbooton wrote:
Hi everyone i have a 2019 carbon gx i love the bike but I'm getting an annoying knocking/feeling coming from the what feels like the shock or back end.
I'm an experienced mountain biker and it feels just like a worn shock bushing or shagged bearing. Cassette, mech hanger, headset wheels seat cranks etc are all torqued properly and tight.
I thought at first it was my bottle in its cage banging about so i took it off and its not that.
I ride with a group of 8 experienced riders one a bike mechanic they've all had a go and can come up with no resolve.

The only things it could be is cables rattling about but thats quite a distinct tappy noise or the shock itself making a knock on its return stroke a bit like stiction.
Apologies for the wordy post but any thoughts on this will be greatly recieved.

Put your fingers over one end of the shock, then unweight and release the bike a few times. If you feel a wiggle, that's the source. Repeat for the other end of the shock and each pivot.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 13:16 Quote
robertbooton wrote:
Yeah the chain does run really close ive often thought it was that ive put some Sugru moldable rubber stuff on mine so the chain cant slap at all still gives the sensation of a knock though.

I added a small strip of adhesive velcro (loop not hook) on the seatstay above where I think the chain is hitting and also wrapped an old tube around the integrated chainstay guard. Doesn't look horrible and quieted the bike down substantially. I'm big on a quiet ride as well.

One thing I noticed was the rear axle system requires tightening from both sides. It kept coming loose no matter how much I tightened the non drive side. It wasn't till I checked the drive side that I realized it was a loose nut. Tight ever since.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 14:53 Quote
That's a great call i will have a look tomorrow

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 16:41 Quote
Anyone got an X2 they don’t want anymore?

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 4:05 Quote
Hey guys just wondering what weight people's sentinel are weighing in at? My 18 model alloy is a lil hefty 16.5kg

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
Just picked up an ‘18 on closeout and couldn’t be happier. Coming from a Scout, this thing is a beast. About 34 lbs as it sits right now.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028355
Mobile Version of Website