Because the Storia v3 collides with the downtube on my medium frame

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 17:10 Quote
That is a good reason.

Wondering if it was a damper/availability thing

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 17:20 Quote
spinzillathespacelizard wrote:
That is a good reason.

Wondering if it was a damper/availability thing

Nah. Received my v3 and installed it to find out it collides. There’s others running medium frames with the v3 without issues but the reservoir was sitting against my downtube so I was SOL. Just waiting on suspension syndicate to get the tools from Italy to do custom tunes on the e-Storia so we can turn this sled into a party machine

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 19:38 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
picked up some new goodies to refresh my V2. Tenet pedals and stem, oneup bars, and a Zeb ultimate. still waiting on my EXT e-storia to get it's custom tune and be sent out... next ride is going to be a different experience!

160 or 170 on the fork? I ran 160 (60 stroke) rear and 170 front on my buddy’s sentinel and it rode awesome!

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 23:39 Quote
I am going to get a storia or arama for my spire.

I dont use the climb switch much

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 5:30 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:
picked up some new goodies to refresh my V2. Tenet pedals and stem, oneup bars, and a Zeb ultimate. still waiting on my EXT e-storia to get it's custom tune and be sent out... next ride is going to be a different experience!

160 or 170 on the fork? I ran 160 (60 stroke) rear and 170 front on my buddy’s sentinel and it rode awesome!

170 Zeb. I was running my Lyrik at 170 most of the season after installing the CC link. I plan to try 160 on the Zeb if it wallows like the Lyrik did in chunky corners. Axle to crown is 5mm longer so with this 170 Zeb I’ve gotta be in that 63* HA territory. I’m not smart enough to figure all that out but maybe there’s someone reading that knows :-)

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
170 Zeb. I was running my Lyrik at 170 most of the season after installing the CC link. I plan to try 160 on the Zeb if it wallows like the Lyrik did in chunky corners. Axle to crown is 5mm longer so with this 170 Zeb I’ve gotta be in that 63* HA territory. I’m not smart enough to figure all that out but maybe there’s someone reading that knows :-)

You probably covered this pages back, but will you be running the CC with your EXT? And the V3 didnt fit even with the stock link?

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 7:43 Quote
bloodytesla wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:

You probably covered this pages back, but will you be running the CC with your EXT? And the V3 didnt fit even with the stock link?

V3 was colliding with downtube with cc link and maybe 1mm from colliding with stock link. Too close for comfort for me, so I’m hoping this e-Storia is the answer.

I have a medium frame. Some run it regardless of the lack of clearance and seem to be fine or just chip some paint. I’ll go with a different coil shock with a smaller reservoir before I risk smashing my frame

Intent is to run cc link with Storia to keep rear at 165 + all the other good stuff the link provides and the Zeb at 170.

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 8:21 Quote
Really looking forward to see what you feel with a coil…I want to put one on mine…wanted to go for ElevenSix but thanks to Brexit, etc it has just gone up another 150 pounds…it basically costs almost 50% more in the U.K. than US! EXT is looking better and better…

OneUp bars are great…have them on my HT with a I9 stem and it’s a perfect combo!

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 9:34 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:

Here’s a good geo calculator:

https://bikegeo.muha.cc/

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 9:41 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:

Doesn't include the Zeb in it's calculations Frown

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 9:47 Quote
Eroots wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:

hmmmm this calculator shows different axle to crown measurements than SRAM so i'm going to follow SRAM and calculate. jumping from 160 to 170 Lyrik resulting in 10mm longer axle to crown and slacked the V2 by half a degree. 170 zeb is 5mm longer which is another .25 degrees for a grand total of .75 degrees slacker over stock. I should be sitting at a 63.15 HA.

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 10:22 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
Eroots wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:

hmmmm this calculator shows different axle to crown measurements than SRAM so i'm going to follow SRAM and calculate. jumping from 160 to 170 Lyrik resulting in 10mm longer axle to crown and slacked the V2 by half a degree. 170 zeb is 5mm longer which is another .25 degrees for a grand total of .75 degrees slacker over stock. I should be sitting at a 63.15 HA.

The general rule of thumb is that for every 10mm increase in fork length you will slacken the HA by 1/2 degree. But to be precise you need exact measurements are needed.

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 10:35 Quote
Enter in a custom a2c

576 for a 160 and 586 for a 170 zeb in 29”

Link for specs:

https://www.sram.com/globalassets/document-hierarchy/service-manuals/rockshox/front-suspension/gen.0000000006216-rev-a-2021-fs-oil-air-coil-token-spec-english.pdf

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 12:36 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
Eroots wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:

This is what I calculated on the online tool that someone else shared

160->170 Zeb

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010956
Mobile Version of Website