Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Dec 16, 2021 at 0:37 Quote
scottziesman wrote:
Does anybody have the Meg Neg in conjunction with the Cascade Link? I currently have the cascade link and like it, but I still wonder if the bike would respond well to the Meg Neg. I’m worried about stacking progressive link on top of progressive shock. Am I overthinking it, or would the Meg Neg just allow me to tune the spring curve that much more?

I should add that I’m on a large sentinel V2.

That’s a fair point, my shop didn’t recommend me to put a progressive spring on my coil shock and keep it linear because I already had the CC link on there..

Posted: Dec 16, 2021 at 13:13 Quote
T174M wrote:
Megneg made a substantial improvement on my V2 sentinel with super deluxe. Much more supple off the top, took the harshness away in rough/chatter, and overall calmed the rear end down a good bit for me. Well worth the $70 or so. I was struggling with a good suspension setup and front/rear balance. Once I installed the megneg I was able to get the bike really dialed in for my preferences and it feels great now.

How many bands are you running in the negative chamber, and what’s your weight?

Posted: Dec 16, 2021 at 18:09 Quote
whiteranger3 wrote:
T174M wrote:
Megneg made a substantial improvement on my V2 sentinel with super deluxe. Much more supple off the top, took the harshness away in rough/chatter, and overall calmed the rear end down a good bit for me. Well worth the $70 or so. I was struggling with a good suspension setup and front/rear balance. Once I installed the megneg I was able to get the bike really dialed in for my preferences and it feels great now.

How many bands are you running in the negative chamber, and what’s your weight?

I'm running the megneg with the CC link. I was running 3 bands in the negative 0 in the positive and 200psi. I'm 155lbs. Pretty good setup but I just added the 4th band in the negative. Going to give that a try.

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
Those of you on coil, what spring rate do you run? Found a DVO Jade X with a 500lb spring. Not sure what works best for the stock link. I am 170lbs or so ready to ride

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 14:34 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Those of you on coil, what spring rate do you run? Found a DVO Jade X with a 500lb spring. Not sure what works best for the stock link. I am 170lbs or so ready to ride

You definitely need a softer one, I'm 185 pounds and used a 450 with stock link and 500 with CC link. So I assume you'd need something no more than 400lbs on stock link..

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 14:54 Quote
kjbn wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:

You definitely need a softer one, I'm 185 pounds and used a 450 with stock link and 500 with CC link. So I assume you'd need something no more than 400lbs on stock link..

I’m 83kg (183lbs) ready to ride and running a 411lbs/in spring (the Ohlins one with closer increments), this gives about 28% sag by my measurement.

Edit: with the stock link.

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 14:58 Quote
Thanks! I think I'll pass on it since I am happy with my DVO Topaz for now.

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 21:40 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:

Got a link? Might be interested

Posted: Dec 21, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
whiteranger3 wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:

Got a link? Might be interested

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3213052/

Posted: Dec 21, 2021 at 10:34 Quote
T174M wrote:

What settings are you running on the Super Deluxe with Megneg? Any change to air pressure adding Megneg? Got mine and stoked to get it on dirt, might be a while though.

Posted: Dec 21, 2021 at 12:22 Quote
evanwvt wrote:
T174M wrote:

What settings are you running on the Super Deluxe with Megneg? Any change to air pressure adding Megneg? Got mine and stoked to get it on dirt, might be a while though.

I am running 2 spacers in positive and 2 in negative. You will definitely be running more air in the can. Before installing it I was running around 160-165psi (I weigh about 165lbs), with the megneg installed I'm running 190-195psi. It feels way more supple though, so don't be mislead by the additional pressure.

Posted: Jan 10, 2022 at 21:28 Quote
Does anyone have a weight for the alloy GX build?

Posted: Jan 11, 2022 at 7:50 Quote
padenw24 wrote:

32.5 lbs tubeless and no peddles size medium v1.
Went to 33.2 lbs with a CC link and no volume reducers in the shock. No peddles

Hope that helps… fyi…the stock bars and stem are really heavy. the stock cranks on the 2019 are 175mm drilled for 170mm..

Posted: Jan 11, 2022 at 8:14 Quote
mustclime wrote:
padenw24 wrote:

32.5 lbs tubeless and no peddles size medium v1.
Went to 33.2 lbs with a CC link and no volume reducers in the shock. No peddles

Hope that helps… fyi…the stock bars and stem are really heavy. the stock cranks on the 2019 are 175mm drilled for 170mm..

I think the new ones are a fair bit heavier than that.
We have a couple in the shop, I'll try to remember to weigh one tomorrow.

Posted: Jan 11, 2022 at 8:19 Quote
My V2 Alloy frame order pushed up to a 2/9 ship date (from March ETA). Only a month longer at last. I still haven't seen the blue in the wild so I'm excited for that.

I'm curious what the weight will come out to with a Zeb and what not. I'm moving from one tank to another so more curious than worried at all.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006652
Mobile Version of Website