Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 10:59 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
Didzy2009 wrote:
i know all shocks vary etc - but what sort of coil spring weight for a 75kg rider kitted? with it being a progressive design can you go lighter or just stick around normal?

fwiw ive used a 400 and 425 previously is there any reason to change if i go down the coil route?

i've found the calculator to always be spot on for me across different shocks, bikes, etc.

Cool had not seen this before I’ll have a play with it see what it suggests

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 15:05 Quote
Vanity Build Project

Switchgrade in action
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 21:23 Quote
iJak wrote:
Vanity Build Project

Switchgrade in action
photo
photo
photo

photo

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 13:40 Quote
iJak wrote:
Vanity Build Project

Switchgrade in action
photo
photo
photo

photo

Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 14:20 Quote
Seriously don't take this the wrong way, we love your bike.

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 15:20 Quote
Hahah none taken - I did choose to post on Pinkbike Cool

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 15:53 Quote
iJak wrote:
Hahah none taken - I did choose to post on Pinkbike Cool

I think it looks sick! Was just having fun. Smile

Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 20:14 Quote
Parsurf wrote:
I’m confused

Every seen caddyshack?

Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 21:41 Quote
iJak wrote:
Vanity Build Project

Switchgrade in action
photo
photo
photo

How do you like the cascade link?

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2022 at 9:37 Quote
Not sure yet as I've only ridden it on mellow trails, but definitely more plush off the top so had to compensate with faster rebound.

Posted: Feb 5, 2022 at 11:20 Quote
Hi guys
Still riding a carbon v1, i’m currently waiting for a chainstay from warranty, and after some demo rides on a Ripmo and a Mondraker superfoxy, it made me realize that I really love my Transition despite this being my 2nd warranty issue.
Seriously considering getting a Sentinel v2 ( loam gold, no doubt) but at 5’7 I am afraid of the huge wheelbase and even slacker hta.
I know, I should try one but my lbs doesn’t have any, I did seat on one from a customer, noted the shorter top tube but no chance of riding it ( obviously). Am I overthinking to much or is the v2 a lot of work on slower twisty trails?

Posted: Feb 5, 2022 at 12:06 Quote
Pyres wrote:
Hi guys
Still riding a carbon v1, i’m currently waiting for a chainstay from warranty, and after some demo rides on a Ripmo and a Mondraker superfoxy, it made me realize that I really love my Transition despite this being my 2nd warranty issue.
Seriously considering getting a Sentinel v2 ( loam gold, no doubt) but at 5’7 I am afraid of the huge wheelbase and even slacker hta.
I know, I should try one but my lbs doesn’t have any, I did seat on one from a customer, noted the shorter top tube but no chance of riding it ( obviously). Am I overthinking to much or is the v2 a lot of work on slower twisty trails?

It’s not a lot of work! But I’ve also know someone who had both versions and he prefers the first one! I never ridden the V1!?

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2022 at 14:27 Quote
gbcarmona wrote:
Pyres wrote:
Hi guys

It’s not a lot of work! But I’ve also know someone who had both versions and he prefers the first one! I never ridden the V1!?

I love my V1 sentinel. I haven’t ridden the new one though. I do have the cascade link on mine and a travel reducer removed so I’m getting a little over 150mm of travel.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 8:10 Quote
Pyres wrote:
Hi guys

What size V1 are you on?

I went from Med V1 to V2 and it was pretty much seamless for me- you'll love the additional progression and how much more centered you are in the bike

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020569
Mobile Version of Website