Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Author Message
Posted: Mar 16, 2022 at 17:20 Quote
fntms wrote:
Hey guys, anyone also having issues with their UDH on the 2022 Sentinel?
My chain is rubbing over the UDH on the lowest sprocket. UDH is tightened to the max and also the the cassette on the freehub body though.

Looks like the UDH has to sit flush with the frame in order to get a proper chainline that's not touching the derailleur hanger.


Who installed the sram cassette ? Is it tight enough ? 95% sure this is your problem.

Posted: Mar 16, 2022 at 18:14 Quote
Just looked at my Sentinel and the hangar is flush to the frame there, no gap like in your picture.

Posted: Mar 17, 2022 at 1:33 Quote
xetal wrote:
fntms wrote:
Hey guys, anyone also having issues with their UDH on the 2022 Sentinel?
My chain is rubbing over the UDH on the lowest sprocket. UDH is tightened to the max and also the the cassette on the freehub body though.

Looks like the UDH has to sit flush with the frame in order to get a proper chainline that's not touching the derailleur hanger.

Who installed the sram cassette ? Is it tight enough ? 95% sure this is your problem.

Yeah, that was the first thing that I checked when I saw the chain rubbing. Installed a new GX 52 group and I tightened it to the max on the free hub body and it still didn't fix it. The old 50 tooth GX Eagle cassette fits just fine, so the problem does 100% not come from the frame itself. Then I rechecked it and tightened it like a chimp – this fixed it, so that actually solved the problem and it's not related to the frame itself. My bad Facepalm

Posted: Mar 17, 2022 at 4:53 Quote
fntms wrote:
xetal wrote:
fntms wrote:
Hey guys, anyone also having issues with their UDH on the 2022 Sentinel?
My chain is rubbing over the UDH on the lowest sprocket. UDH is tightened to the max and also the the cassette on the freehub body though.

Looks like the UDH has to sit flush with the frame in order to get a proper chainline that's not touching the derailleur hanger.

Who installed the sram cassette ? Is it tight enough ? 95% sure this is your problem.

Yeah, that was the first thing that I checked when I saw the chain rubbing. Installed a new GX 52 group and I tightened it to the max on the free hub body and it still didn't fix it. The old 50 tooth GX Eagle cassette fits just fine, so the problem does 100% not come from the frame itself. Then I rechecked it and tightened it like a chimp – this fixed it, so that actually solved the problem and it's not related to the frame itself. My bad Facepalm

No worries sram cassettes requires hulk tightening sometimes. Make sure you remember that when you take it off as well. Cheers and btw this happened to me as well few years back.

Posted: Mar 18, 2022 at 8:46 Quote
Has anyone managed to fit a 205mmx60mm shock on an XL Alloy V1 with the Cascade link?

Posted: Mar 18, 2022 at 11:33 Quote
Any recommendations of a larger frame bag (for an ill advised bike packing adventure) that fits the V2 Sentinel?

Posted: Mar 18, 2022 at 17:40 Quote
tahoereader wrote:
Any recommendations of a larger frame bag (for an ill advised bike packing adventure) that fits the V2 Sentinel?

I’ve got a buddy with a couple Pole bikes that are long like the sentinel. I believe he uses an evoc bag and just lets the air out of the fork

Posted: Mar 20, 2022 at 22:35 Quote
Hello - Recently ordered a Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil for my V2 Sentinel. I plan to swap the old mounting hardware that's currently on the Ultimate air shock. To make the new shock fit, does anyone happen to know if one needs to reuse the trunnion shock spacers as well?

Posted: Mar 20, 2022 at 23:06 Quote
matangolover wrote:
Hello - Recently ordered a Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil for my V2 Sentinel. I plan to swap the old mounting hardware that's currently on the Ultinate air shock. To make the new shock fit, does anyone happen to know if one needs reuse the trunnion shock spacers as well?

I have to reuse the spacers on my scout when I swap over. No different on the sentinel.

Posted: Mar 21, 2022 at 6:36 Quote
Rode the steeps yesterday and noticed the rear end of the bike has a pretty loud knocking noise on hard braking. Normal? Doesn't seem like it.

Posted: Mar 21, 2022 at 11:05 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Rode the steeps yesterday and noticed the rear end of the bike has a pretty loud knocking noise on hard braking. Normal? Doesn't seem like it.

Sentinel? Mine is completely silent.

Someone I know had / still has a float x on their alloy v2 sentinel that knocks - so it might be shock related.

Posted: Mar 21, 2022 at 12:34 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Rode the steeps yesterday and noticed the rear end of the bike has a pretty loud knocking noise on hard braking. Normal? Doesn't seem like it.

What shock, super deluxe? Think some v2’s came with faulty super deluxe shocks that knocked. Can get them replaced at no extra cost if you contact transition. Or just use it as a cue to get a coil…

Posted: Mar 21, 2022 at 13:16 Quote
Its a DVO Topaz T3 shock. Could brake pads rattle that loudly? There is a tiny bit of movement forward and back with the lever squeezed; TRP trail evo brakes

Posted: Mar 21, 2022 at 13:51 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Its a DVO Topaz T3 shock. Could brake pads rattle that loudly? There is a tiny bit of movement forward and back with the lever squeezed; TRP trail evo brakes

Could be a few things, if you can't make the knock happen where you can easily identify it, it makes it a bit harder. I'd start by checking the back end of the bike first going through the obvious:

- The main pivot axle and main pivot bolt are both tight. I've had the main pivot axle back out previously
- Run through the rest of the pivots to make sure they're correctly torqued
- If you're running centre lock rotors, check they're snug and tight (might be the issue if you have some play as you describe when you squeeze the lever)
- Derailleur clutch is off
- Check the rest of the bolts are tight.. rear axle, derailleur hanger, derailleur, caliper bolts, seat post, cranks, pedals, pins, chainring and bottom bracket. Anything that needs to be tight (to torque), should be! Sometimes the noise comes from where you least expect too, and the noise can travel through the frame.

It may very well be the shock though as well. I've had a few issues with Fox shocks on the bike.. Best to work through what you can fix first and rule out any obvious problems, and then go from there.. Good luck, hope you have a bit of time on your hands

Posted: Mar 21, 2022 at 20:15 Quote
squintyfox wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Its a DVO Topaz T3 shock. Could brake pads rattle that loudly? There is a tiny bit of movement forward and back with the lever squeezed; TRP trail evo brakes

Could be a few things, if you can't make the knock happen where you can easily identify it, it makes it a bit harder. I'd start by checking the back end of the bike first going through the obvious:

- The main pivot axle and main pivot bolt are both tight. I've had the main pivot axle back out previously
- Run through the rest of the pivots to make sure they're correctly torqued
- If you're running centre lock rotors, check they're snug and tight (might be the issue if you have some play as you describe when you squeeze the lever)
- Derailleur clutch is off
- Check the rest of the bolts are tight.. rear axle, derailleur hanger, derailleur, caliper bolts, seat post, cranks, pedals, pins, chainring and bottom bracket. Anything that needs to be tight (to torque), should be! Sometimes the noise comes from where you least expect too, and the noise can travel through the frame.

It may very well be the shock though as well. I've had a few issues with Fox shocks on the bike.. Best to work through what you can fix first and rule out any obvious problems, and then go from there.. Good luck, hope you have a bit of time on your hands

Thanks! I'll check torque on everything


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006699
Mobile Version of Website