Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
slug51 wrote:
gofastdrinkbeer wrote:
Anyone heard any news on the 2020 sentinel? I read on another forum that they’re waiting to release it for a little while buy it will have more travel, different geo - still in SBG but something like 63.5 head angle. Thoughts?

Interesting all the rumors I have heard say no changes for the sentinel besides some components
Any info on when it’s coming out?

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 16:44 Quote
Anyone move from the stock 40mm stem to something a little shorter like a 35mm? I am looking to shrink up my reach just a bit but wonder if that will effect the whole SBG package too much.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 21:57 Quote
EKrum wrote:
Anyone move from the stock 40mm stem to something a little shorter like a 35mm? I am looking to shrink up my reach just a bit but wonder if that will effect the whole SBG package too much.

1. Stock geometry is not perfect and inviolable. Companies proclaimed their geometry to be perfect in the '90s and look how much it's changed. Perhaps it was perfect for how we were riding at that time or perhaps it limited how we could ride. Either way, riding styles have changed and geometry changed along with it. You are as qualified as anyone to initiate further evolution.

2. If your body, riding style, and / or preferences do not perfectly align with your equipment, change your equipment.

3. SBG is no more a "package" - and no more sensitive to changes - than any other bike's geometry.

4. A 5 mm change in stem length is barely enough to notice, let alone worry about.

Bottom line: Do it.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 19:52 Quote
I did it and it’s perfect for me!

Posted: Oct 26, 2019 at 11:12 Quote
Yo is the chain guide bracket for the senti 2018 ISO 4210?? And what brand is everyone running cheers

Posted: Oct 27, 2019 at 9:31 Quote
Bendicko wrote:
Yo is the chain guide bracket for the senti 2018 ISO 4210?? And what brand is everyone running cheers

I'm running an MRP SxG on my 2019.

Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 8:03 Quote
Any one broken an alloy sentinel or carbon yet?

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 8:07 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
Bendicko wrote:

I'm running an MRP SxG on my 2019.

Ive got a MRP AmG on mine

Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 17:32 Quote
isack wrote:

Don't hear or see many. Saw a photo of a carbon Sentinel after hitting a tree. Woops! Transition replaced the frame immediately.

Sentinel

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 7:36 Quote
kwapik wrote:
isack wrote:

Don't hear or see many. Saw a photo of a carbon Sentinel after hitting a tree. Woops! Transition replaced the frame immediately.

Sentinel

Thanks for the photo!

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
Anyone successfully matched Pinot Noir with some nail polish or auto touchup paint? need some and its too $ from Transition- to Canada

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
RMWB wrote:
Just picked up an ‘18 on closeout and couldn’t be happier. Coming from a Scout, this thing is a beast. About 34 lbs as it sits right now.
photo

What are your thoughts on the Sentinel coming from the Scout? Are technical climbs significantly harder? Setting up for tight switchbacks? Jumping?

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 11:25 Quote
ehfour wrote:
Anyone successfully matched Pinot Noir with some nail polish or auto touchup paint? need some and its too $ from Transition- to Canada

Contact Transition and request the Pantone code or any relevant specs. They make little to no money on touch-up paint, so there's no reason to be guarded with the specs.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 5:54 Quote
SeaLegs26 wrote:
RMWB wrote:
Just picked up an ‘18 on closeout and couldn’t be happier. Coming from a Scout, this thing is a beast. About 34 lbs as it sits right now.
photo

What are your thoughts on the Sentinel coming from the Scout? Are technical climbs significantly harder? Setting up for tight switchbacks? Jumping?

Tech climbs are actually easier. The traction of the 29er plus the seat tube angle really go a long way. Switchbacks descending can be tricky. However, I’m starting to get used to it and I just make better line choices. I’m not a very good jumper but I don’t notice much difference compared to the Scout in the air.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 12:53 Quote
stuartpenney wrote:
Hi folks, selling my custom DXH2 for my Sentinel 550lbs soring and climb switch.

Cheers
Is this still for sale?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015829
Mobile Version of Website