Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2022 at 21:57 Quote
A revamped smuggler would be cool and with a TR modern take on a 130 ish bike it would be a Mega hit!

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 7:35 Quote
As on-trend as it might be, some kind of frame storage on a new sentinel would be pretty cool. Maybe also getting rid of that little swimming pool under the lower shock mount with a drainage hole too. Pretty minor refinements here and there.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 9:47 Quote
What's your guys' sentinels weight?

My mostly stock size L alloy GX build with NOBL hoops and pedals comes in at 36.3lbs.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 10:42 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
As on-trend as it might be, some kind of frame storage on a new sentinel would be pretty cool. Maybe also getting rid of that little swimming pool under the lower shock mount with a drainage hole too. Pretty minor refinements here and there.

Those would both be great!

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 11:05 Quote
jloosener wrote:

My mostly stock size L alloy GX build with NOBL hoops and pedals comes in at 36.3lbs.

33.12lbs
V2 Carbon
DT Swiss/I9 wheel set
Oneup Bars
XT group
TRP Trail Evo brakes
DHF/DHR with CC XC
DVO Onyx/Topaz

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 0:06 Quote
jloosener wrote:

It’s around 33.5-34lbs ish using luggage scales.

Medium alloy 2022 sentinel
XM481’s on Hope rear / Bitex front hubs
Exo casing dhf / exo+Rekon with rimpact
Code R
Lyrik Ultimates
Float X (I also have a Kitsuma coil which ads weight when on the bike)
Fabric Scoop Elite
Oneup 210 dropper
Carbon bars / dmr defy stem
Carbon X1 cranks
Xt 12 speed cassette / mech / shifter / XX1 gold chain

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 6:31 Quote
Crazy I could drop a pound off mine if I went to a Lyrik

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 9:38 Quote
XXL carbon v2.

160 zeb
NX groupset with GX derailleur
TRP dhr evo brakes 200 rotors f/r
Dt350 laced to a carbon hoop in the back
Dt350 laced to an ex511 front
1050-1100g tires + cushcore rear
Oneup 240mm dropper post

Comes out to about 36-37lbs with an air shock or 37-38lbs with a coil shock. I flip back and forth

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 9:40 Quote
Curious if anyone has experience with a cascade link + air shock compared to stock link + coil.

I’ve been on a few different rear setups (stock Superdeluxe, Superdeluxe + megneg, a couple different coil shocks, and now the cascade + float x).

The megneg was better than the stock air can, the coil I like for rougher stuff, but the cascade + air shock feels like the coil but potentially better (haven’t had time to flip back yet).

Does the stock link + coil keep up with the cascade link + air shock? The cascade setup feels way better than the stock setup with megneg

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 9:50 Quote
whiteranger3 wrote:
Curious if anyone has experience with a cascade link + air shock compared to stock link + coil.

I’ve been on a few different rear setups (stock Superdeluxe, Superdeluxe + megneg, a couple different coil shocks, and now the cascade + float x).

The megneg was better than the stock air can, the coil I like for rougher stuff, but the cascade + air shock feels like the coil but potentially better (haven’t had time to flip back yet).

Does the stock link + coil keep up with the cascade link + air shock? The cascade setup feels way better than the stock setup with megneg

I've spent time on stock link + air (SuperDeluxe), cascade link + air (SD), cascade link + coil (EXT Store), and stock link + coil (EXT). For my money, the best part about the cascade link is the extra leverage ratio. On the SuperDeluxe, it makes this big bike (I'm on a large with 170mm fork) feel like a BMX bike, it's just so poppy and playful. With the EXT, the Cascade Link feels almost as playful but with noticeably better grip and tracking. With the EXT on the stock link, it maintains the great grip but the playfulness is lost and it takes a lot of effort to jump and pop the rear end around.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 9:53 Quote
Thanks guys. Seems that frame size has a big impact on weight.

My 36.8lbs build is:

2022 alloy frame size L
OneUp bar
OneUp 213mm dropper
Fox 36
Fox Float X
SRAM GX cranks, cassette
Shimano XT shifter, mech
TRP DHR-Evo brakes
NOBL 37s laced to DT350s
Assegai Exo+, DHRII DD

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 9:59 Quote
strain wrote:
whiteranger3 wrote:

I've spent time on stock link + air (SuperDeluxe), cascade link + air (SD), cascade link + coil (EXT Store), and stock link + coil (EXT). For my money, the best part about the cascade link is the extra leverage ratio. On the SuperDeluxe, it makes this big bike (I'm on a large with 170mm fork) feel like a BMX bike, it's just so poppy and playful. With the EXT, the Cascade Link feels almost as playful but with noticeably better grip and tracking. With the EXT on the stock link, it maintains the great grip but the playfulness is lost and it takes a lot of effort to jump and pop the rear end around.

Cool, this kind of goes along with what i think will happen when i move back to the stock link + coil. I liked the stock link + megneg because it was more poppy and had more midstroke to push into. The cascade + float x (i'm assuming it works similarly to the SD with stock can) has a bit of that while also feeling like a coil over the chattery stuff. Brake bumps seem non-existent and i can really carry a lot of speed through chattery sections where i would usually slow down with the stock link + megneg. And it maintains the same pedal platform without bobbing too much like i remember the coil doing.

the cascade link is on loan from a buddy, i may have to pick one up for myself given how much i'm liking it.

anyone got one they want to sell? Big Grin

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 14:07 Quote
Received my Senty ("Golden Child") a couple of months ago and I've been loving it so far. Thanks to everyone here for answering my questions in earlier threads!

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 12:22 Quote
photo

Guessing mine is around 37lbs. Medium, aluminum with MRP Hazzard and CC Link. Love this bike, the coil with CC link was a game changer, loving the combo but feeling like now I need to work on the 36 to get it dialed to match the coil a bit more.

Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 14:35 Quote
captbennett wrote:
Received my Senty ("Golden Child") a couple of months ago and I've been loving it so far. Thanks to everyone here for answering my questions in earlier threads!

photo

photo

I know we are all biased here but the Sentinel V2 carbon is still one of the best looking bikes out there…

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014691
Mobile Version of Website