Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 10:36 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
any rumors on the 2020 Sentinel?!
I saw it the other day, it is a very similar frame shape to the new Scout but its a weird yellow

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 11:29 Quote
What about it's travel?

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 11:33 Quote
aidan-ritchie wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:
I saw it the other day, it is a very similar frame shape to the new Scout but its a weird yellow
What's the travel on the 2020 sentinel

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 7:13 Quote
aidan-ritchie wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:

Do you know if they are going to offer a aluminum frame option?

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 12:44 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:

I’ve heard just new colors

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 12:54 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:

interesting. that wouldn't align to their product life cycle and overall tech refresh on their bikes. Would be a bit of a miss if the 2020 sentinel doesn't follow a similar approach as the Scout...

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 13:57 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:

It is most definitely a new frame, I saw one yesterday in Bellingham and it has a very similar frame shape to the new scout. I dont know any of the numbers, and couldnt guess just by looking at it. However the seat tube does look shorter, similar to the scout.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 17:38 Quote
aidan-ritchie wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:

It is most definitely a new frame, I saw one yesterday in Bellingham and it has a very similar frame shape to the new scout. I dont know any of the numbers, and couldnt guess just by looking at it. However the seat tube does look shorter, similar to the scout.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a new frame but can confirm that Blake and other techs from Transition said it was only getting new colors. This was in Oct 2019 at Outerbike Bentonville.

Remember, they also said the Patrol was too linear for a coil then only updated them with coils and not touching linkage.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 18:28 Quote
Hi guys,

Finally got my dream Sentinel Carbon X0.
Any tips on suspension and fork set up?
Looking for a good starting point.
I got the Dpx2 Elite and 36 Elite.
Im 170 lbs and ride trails with family as much as DH with my crazy dad friends.
Medium size jumps and drops.
Any tips for a basic trail set up and basic DH set up? I know it’s all personal preferences, but any advices might save me time and trials and errors.

Thanks

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 12:24 Quote
davewild666 wrote:
Hi guys,

Any tips for a basic trail set up and basic DH set up? I know it’s all personal preferences, but any advices might save me time and trials and errors.

Thanks

That is a tricky one to answer. Good place to start would be rear shock: 20-30 PSI over riding weight. Fork: lower end of Fox recommended PSI.

Not sure what my HS/LS compressions are at but I like to ride them open. Rebound is as fast as it can be without bucking me.

The Sentinel seems a little harder for heavier riders to get setup right but there are a bunch of riders that have found it difficult. I have put an extra volume reducer in my fork and went to the large reducer in the DPX2 but will be backing that off to the .9 (actual .86).

I have the same bike you just picked up. Congrats! The thing is a blast.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 19:43 Quote
davewild666 wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks

Start with a little less sag than average - maybe 25% to 30% - and a volume reducer or two on the positive spring side.

Posted: Mar 5, 2020 at 11:32 Quote
Is a 170mm travel Lyrik too much for the Sentinel? If so I'll have to get the travel reduced

Posted: Mar 5, 2020 at 11:59 Quote
I can confirm Transition allows for a 170mm fork in terms of warranty.

Posted: Mar 5, 2020 at 12:02 Quote
OldDirt wrote:
Is a 170mm travel Lyrik too much for the Sentinel? If so I'll have to get the travel reduced

I have emailed TR with this same question and they told me to go for it. Here is the exact quote from transition, “run that beast at 170 and let it eat”.Smile

Posted: Mar 15, 2020 at 14:24 Quote
aidan-ritchie wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:

Just saw two in the back of a truck today!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005436
Mobile Version of Website