Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 13:36 Quote
I am Cascade link curious and have the spacers to reduce the stroke on both my coil and air shocks to suit it. I’m just not £340 curious at the moment.

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 19:03 Quote
JoeBristol wrote:
I am Cascade link curious and have the spacers to reduce the stroke on both my coil and air shocks to suit it. I’m just not £340 curious at the moment.

fair enough!

I bought mine on the idea that I could sell it to someone in this thread for near enough msrp if i disliked it, but for me it ended up being well worth.

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 23:25 Quote
Yeah, at the moment I’m really pleased with how the bike rides. It’s plusher over d all stuff than the float x, holds up better in the mid range and no harsh bottom outs. It pedals pretty well and has a little bit of pop.

When I rode my mate’s Mega 297 (with 38 and ext coil) which is setup a lot more plush, it swallowed roots better but pedalled worse and I just prefer my bike to feel more taut I think.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 6:35 Quote
I have a cascade link on my 2019 patrol with a kitsuma coil. The link is a huge upgrade.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 7:52 Quote
Welp, Jade X with a 450lb spring are on order. Couldn't pass up the 25% off code from DVO. Will report back how it rides! 450 seemed to be in the middle of what people prefer, DVO said the off the shelf tune should be good and a straight LS spring since the Sentinel is progressive enough.

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 18:43 Quote
I have a #450 spring on my super deluxe ultimate and its great weighing 190 kitted up. Stock link. It's been great so far. On coil is a lifestyle.

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 0:58 Quote
Anyone got any gossip about a possible Sentinel V3?

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 15:40 Quote
quartermanz wrote:
I have a #450 spring on my super deluxe ultimate and its great weighing 190 kitted up. Stock link. It's been great so far. On coil is a lifestyle.

2023 model ?

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 3:58 Quote
Anyone know where I can get the mounting hardware for the carbon sentinel (2022)? Just grabbed the new rockshox coil and my LBS indicated it's on backorder until May 2023.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 4:21 Quote
arweatherby wrote:
Anyone know where I can get the mounting hardware for the carbon sentinel (2022)? Just grabbed the new rockshox coil and my LBS indicated it's on backorder until May 2023.

You could try offsetbushings.com if it’s the bushes for the shock you need - they do normal bushes too. That’s where I got the ones I needed for the lower mount on my 2022 alloy sentinel / Cane Creek shock. If it’s bolts you need I have no idea if Transition don’t have them.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 5:12 Quote
Just the bushings. Thanks. This will work!

JoeBristol wrote:
arweatherby wrote:

You could try offsetbushings.com if it’s the bushes for the shock you need - they do normal bushes too. That’s where I got the ones I needed for the lower mount on my 2022 alloy sentinel / Cane Creek shock. If it’s bolts you need I have no idea if Transition don’t have them.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 8:58 Quote
arweatherby wrote:
Just the bushings. Thanks. This will work!

JoeBristol wrote:
arweatherby wrote:

you can also order from RWC bearings, i had them on my superdeluxe. Fox hardware will also fit

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 16:47 Quote
photo

New to me Sentinel. Swapped some parts over from my previous bike. It came with a 170mm fork which I swapped for a 160mm. #500 spring on the coil. Took it out for the second ride today. Spring seems to be very fast and feels like I’m skipping over everything, but does not have the plushness/ground hugging feel I’m used to with a coil. #450 on the way.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 3:50 Quote
how are you liking it over the stumpy evo so far? STevo is such a good bike (minus the downtube being egg shell like and useless protector) - i think i preferred the overall feel of the STevo tbh, but the downtube was the reason i got rid and didnt go back

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 7:05 Quote
They feel pretty similar to me. The Sentinel has more of a solid/planted feel through the straight line rough sections. They feel very similar climbing, but my Sentinel is a little heavier. Splitting hairs I would say the Sentinel is a slightly more aggressive descender while the Stevo feels a little more nimble and easier to maneuver. The Stevo is a little more intuitive and easy to get a long with. The Sentinel with such a slack head angle definitely takes more deliberate aggression to get it to slap through the corners.

Based on my initial impressions the Stevo has a plusher suspension platform even with an air shock compared to the coil on my Sentinel. I want to try the #450 spring on my Sentinel, but the progression/ramp up is definitely noticeable. I ran my Steveo with zero spacers in my Float X and you could really feel the thing dive into it's travel routinely. The Sentinel does not give me the same feeling but also adds to the really solid feel.

This Sentinel is the best looking bike I've owned. Love this thing so far.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012649
Mobile Version of Website