Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2023 at 8:53 Quote
Pdrenth wrote:
I've been hearing reports (first hand from Sentinel V2 owners) that the split pivot design has led to premature shock failures due to linkage flex imparting side load forces into the shock. (Similar to Stumpjumper Evo's clevis design leading to increased side load forces, making their bikes somewhat coil-incompatible.) I've been considering a Sentinel but this issue seems worth avoiding. Obviously, the industry has a lot to gain by keeping this problem under wraps, so internet searches on this subject are not yielding much info. Still, I personally know people that have had issues with this. What do you guys know?

Like others noted here, I have blown my x2 3 times, a dhx2 once as well.

Last Sept I spoke with a friend who works for Fox in Sparks, NV and he said that Fox got new parts to improve reliability and mine got rebuilt in Nov with said new/ upgraded parts.

It's been snowing non stop in Tahoe, but hopefully this fixes the issue. I've been running the new 2023 RS super deluxe air shock since August or so with no issues.

I guess we'll see what happens this season and see if it's resolved.

As a heads up to others with this issue, I opened my own support ticket with fox stating my issues and I got them to sell me a 38 Factory for around 40% off msrp. They at least have been good to work with throughout 2 summers of wrecked x2's.

The thing is, I love the way the X2 feels and at this point it's not worth much of anything so I'll keep running it as long as they keep rebuilding it.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2023 at 8:55 Quote
Hi guys,

Looking for feedback on the 2023 Rockshox Ultimate coil or air damper. Any of you tried it ? comments ?

Im one of the bigger guys (220lbs) how is the midstroke / rampup support ?

Thanks

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2023 at 10:29 Quote
xetal wrote:
Hi guys,

Looking for feedback on the 2023 Rockshox Ultimate coil or air damper. Any of you tried it ? comments ?

Thanks

I have the air and I like it a lot. I only weigh 165-175 with gear though.

I'm selling it since my fox x2 got rebuilt and I don't need two air shocks (want to get a coil to complement the x2 with it more than likely fails next season)

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2023 at 22:42 Quote
xetal wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks

I have the coil, it works really good best upgrade I have bought.

Posted: Jan 22, 2023 at 10:48 Quote
In case anyone has a Push on their V2, I just had mine back from warranty work. It developed a small annoying rattle and it was due to the fact it was not fitted as tight to the frame as it should (and like the original X2). However Push have release a new shim mount which works much better...it fits much tighter. The previous slack made the spherical bearing develop play faster...that was replaced as well.
I now have a bit of a strange knock sound which I think out might be the dropper cable inside the frame...but im not too bothered about that one.

Posted: Jan 23, 2023 at 19:19 Quote
Jmr358 wrote:
xetal wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks

I have the coil, it works really good best upgrade I have bought.

I have to second this. Transformed the bike. Running 170mm on my 38 up front. Feels amazing in the steeps.

Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 11:40 Quote
hi good day,, curious to try a cascade link for sentinel V2, anyone with spare or for sale link? just wanted to save a couple of bucks and looking for a used ones, willing to post on UK or US address,, have a good day, thanks,

Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 11:55 Quote
neuesten2 wrote:
hi good day,, curious to try a cascade link for sentinel V2, anyone with spare or for sale link? just wanted to save a couple of bucks and looking for a used ones, willing to post on UK or US address,, have a good day, thanks,

I have one I'd be willing to part with. I'm not sure what postage would run but I could probably sell it for around $250? I'm in WA, USA.

I guess this goes for anyone willing to buy it. PM me!

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 6:05 Quote
Has anyone tried a 65mm stroke shock on a carbon size L?

I'm looking at a very cheap shock to put on the bike while mine is away for service and have found a 65mm stroke with no reservoir so it definitely won't foul the downtube but I'm wondering about the seatstay bridge against the seat tube.

Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 6:40 Quote
appltn wrote:

I'm looking at a very cheap shock to put on the bike while mine is away for service and have found a 65mm stroke with no reservoir so it definitely won't foul the downtube but I'm wondering about the seatstay bridge against the seat tube.

I would say let the air out and and weight it on the floor to see how close the bridge gets, with a 65mm stroke, as long as the e2e is the same of course Cool

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 6:47 Quote
neorider wrote:
appltn wrote:

I would say let the air out and and weight it on the floor to see how close the bridge gets, with a 65mm stroke, as long as the e2e is the same of course Cool

Yes, the e2e is correct Smile . I'm trying to decide whether to buy the shock though so I can't check it myself. Unless someone who has tried it comes along and tells me different I think I'll just take a punt on it and check for clearance before riding it.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 11:46 Quote
appltn wrote:
neorider wrote:
appltn wrote:

Yes, the e2e is correct Smile . I'm trying to decide whether to buy the shock though so I can't check it myself. Unless someone who has tried it comes along and tells me different I think I'll just take a punt on it and check for clearance before riding it.

i tried on an XXL carbon, seatstay bridge hits the downtube

Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 12:37 Quote
appltn wrote:
neorider wrote:
appltn wrote:

What shock is it - could you just shorten the stroke? If it’s a float x or similar you can often just whip the air can off and screw on a spacer - I did that with my float x to shorten the stroke for a cascade link on an alloy sentinel

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 13:12 Quote
JoeBristol wrote:
appltn wrote:
neorider wrote:

What shock is it - could you just shorten the stroke? If it’s a float x or similar you can often just whip the air can off and screw on a spacer - I did that with my float x to shorten the stroke for a cascade link on an alloy sentinel

An xfusion O2. I brought it already and It sounds like I might be unlucky with having it fit at 65mm but I'm sure I can fit a travel reducer into it somehow if I need to.

Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 16:40 Quote
65mm stroke clears on my XL carbon frame.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015667
Mobile Version of Website