Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: May 20, 2023 at 7:35 Quote
mrutledge414 wrote:
Anyone able to find replacement pivot hardware online anywhere? The stock ones round so easily even before they're torqued to spec.

Here are some titanium ones.

https://betterbolts.com/collections/transition/products/transition-rear-shock-and-pivot-titanium-bolt-set

Posted: May 20, 2023 at 10:20 Quote
mrutledge414 wrote:
Anyone able to find replacement pivot hardware online anywhere? The stock ones round so easily even before they're torqued to spec.

Contact Transition and request new hardware. They are very good about that if you’re original owner or have registered your bike. Also I have found when torquing, you have to use the inside bolt of the link to turn while just holding the outside. The outside bolt is very shallow which is not conducive for a secure fit for the bit. I learned the hard way too by rounding out one while torquing.

Posted: May 20, 2023 at 10:25 Quote
Bm1117 wrote:
mrutledge414 wrote:

Here are some titanium ones.

https://betterbolts.com/collections/transition/products/transition-rear-shock-and-pivot-titanium-bolt-set

I have all of the betterbolts on my bike. They don’t supply the seatstay and chainstay pivot bolts…At least not yet.

Posted: May 21, 2023 at 1:20 Quote
As the above poster mentioned best to hold the outside bolt still and turn the inside bolt. Don’t use round head Allen keys. Use the sharpest / best Allen keys you can get your hands on. Also don’t over torque the bolts when you do them up. They are made of cheese.

O+
Posted: May 22, 2023 at 8:22 Quote
pinner machine shop will make them

https://www.facebook.com/pinnermachineshop/posts/1164174884079302/

Posted: Jun 3, 2023 at 14:50 Quote
Has anyone swapped from a carbon Sentinel to a carbon Spire? What were the real life noticeable differences? Any common faults or issues on the Spire frames? Thanks

Posted: Jun 3, 2023 at 18:27 Quote
I'm having vertical play in my shock and I know it's coming from the lower shock bolt. Its probably about 1mm or maybe a tad more of play. Enough to notice a small knock if I grab ahold of the shock body and pull up. I put a new RS SD on in March with a new DU bushing, new mounting hardware, and new lower mounting bolts from Transition. Everything is torqued to spec. Any one have any ideas? Could the mounting hardware/bushing be worn out already?

Posted: Jun 3, 2023 at 18:31 Quote
bclish wrote:
I'm having vertical play in my shock and I know it's coming from the lower shock bolt. Its probably about 1mm or maybe a tad more of play. Enough to notice a small knock if I grab ahold of the shock body and pull up. I put a new RS SD on in March with a new DU bushing, new mounting hardware, and new lower mounting bolts from Transition. Everything is torqued to spec. Any one have any ideas? Could the mounting hardware/bushing be worn out already?
not on a sentinel but i discussed this with a NZ suspension place, he said it can be common to see the pin be worn in the middle.
he said to replace it once a year

Posted: Jun 3, 2023 at 18:35 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
bclish wrote:
not on a sentinel but i discussed this with a NZ suspension place, he said it can be common to see the pin be worn in the middle.
he said to replace it once a year

Hmm, maybe this issue has been going on longer than I have suspected and possibly with the shock moving around it has worn down the middle of the mounting bolt? I guess I can order a new bolt and give that a try. Thanks

Posted: Jun 7, 2023 at 8:03 Quote
ChanceFuller wrote:
My alloy sentinel frame is arriving today. I’ll post a picture once I get it built up, how does everyone like it who runs a coil shock on it?

I'm currently running the Push Industry rear shock on my Carbon Sentinel which pushed the travel about 15mm with the Cascade Components rear link upgrade, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Posted: Jun 9, 2023 at 19:20 Quote
gsgambellone wrote:
mrutledge414 wrote:
Does the 2023 rockshox super deluxe ultimate coil clear a medium frame with the piggyback reservoir? Thinking of buying one but don’t want it to hit my frame.

Yes

2022 alloy frame. Will the marz cr coil fit without reservoir issues. Seems to be same length as stock fox float.

Posted: Jun 10, 2023 at 11:43 Quote
droppindown wrote:
gsgambellone wrote:
mrutledge414 wrote:
Does the 2023 rockshox super deluxe ultimate coil clear a medium frame with the piggyback reservoir? Thinking of buying one but don’t want it to hit my frame.

Yes

2022 alloy frame. Will the marz cr coil fit without reservoir issues. Seems to be same length as stock fox float.

I don’t think the Marzocchi Bomber CR coil will clear the alloy frame. I think the dhx2 probably does, the previous gen super deluxe coil does, the Cane Creek Kitsuma does (I’ve got this one) and the Dvo Jade X (but not the standard Jade) should do looking at it. I reckon the Ohlins coil should clear too.

If you let out all the air on the float x and push it to the bottom of the travel (on a medium 2022 sentinel) the piggyback on it gets within about 3mm of the downtube - surprisingly close to hitting.

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2023 at 11:46 Quote
JoeBristol wrote:
droppindown wrote:
gsgambellone wrote:

Yes

I don’t think the Marzocchi Bomber CR coil will clear the alloy frame. I think the dhx2 probably does, the previous gen super deluxe coil does, the Cane Creek Kitsuma does (I’ve got this one) and the Dvo Jade X (but not the standard Jade) should do looking at it. I reckon the Ohlins coil should clear too.

If you let out all the air on the float x and push it to the bottom of the travel (on a medium 2022 sentinel) the piggyback on it gets within about 3mm of the downtube - surprisingly close to hitting.

I’ve heard the latest generation rockshox super deluxe coil will also clear the frame on a medium and larger frame sizes.

Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 0:41 Quote
Scottwhatever802 wrote:
Anyone try their sentinel with 140 travel? Did it make it pedal any better?

its cool all-arounder, if you don't ride true mountain gnar.
for city, home-spots, green-blue trails its a good deal, and bike uphills are really minty

Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 11:46 Quote
I run mine mostly at 150mm front and 140mm rear here in the Midwest.

It replaced my v2 Smuggler before the new one came out, but I would still prefer this frame over the v3 Smuggler frame (more aggressive hta).

I have a coil fork and shock that I use for trips, etc.

I experimented with running 160/150mm locally, but the lower stack height of the 150mm fork was more engaging.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015721
Mobile Version of Website