Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: May 3, 2020 at 7:24 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
ALSORAN wrote:
Hunt trail wide. Fantastic set of wheels and over 250g lighter than a set of the standard flow s1 if the team version are the same wheels.

There’s nothing wrong with the s1 but if you have a preference, you do you! Let me know when those takeoffs are for sale, I’m building up a new frame and would love an s1 wheelset on it :-)

Sadly doesn't look like the bike will be available until some time in July

O+
Posted: May 5, 2020 at 14:18 Quote
It has arrived http://cascadecomponents.bike/v1-sentinel-lt-link/

Anyone know what the size of the stock shock is once the travel restriction is removed?

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 15:23 Quote
Read their web site....

O+
Posted: May 5, 2020 at 15:42 Quote
mustclime wrote:
Read their web site....

I must be missing the place on their website that says "once the travel limiter on the stock shock is removed the shock stroke is..." But I seem to have blinders and miss things like this often.

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 16:13 Quote
My understanding is the 205 trunnion shocks are all 65mm with 2.5mm spacers that limit stroke to 62.5/60/57.5

With the stock 57.5, travel is increased to 146 mm. The carbon frame can run up to a 205×62.5 mm shock for 158 mm of travel, but check bottom out clearance first.

O+
Posted: May 5, 2020 at 16:31 Quote
Rad, thats what I was looking for. So you would not need a new shock to get the full 62.5 stroke length, sick!

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 0:16 Quote
One thing I can't quite get my head around is that if you were to buy the new cascade link and were thinking of moving to coil (or any other shock for that matter) at the same time, would the tunes available for those shocks now be incompatible? For example, here's the rockshox super deluxe coil with trunnion in the correct sizing for the v1 sentinel, it has L tune for both compression and rebound, but would this now be the wrong tune if you fitted the cascade link?
photo

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 22:20 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
One thing I can't quite get my head around is that if you were to buy the new cascade link and were thinking of moving to coil (or any other shock for that matter) at the same time, would the tunes available for those shocks now be incompatible? For example, here's the rockshox super deluxe coil with trunnion in the correct sizing for the v1 sentinel, it has L tune for both compression and rebound, but would this now be the wrong tune if you fitted the cascade link?
photo

The average leverage ratio for our link and the stock link is very close so the tune is still fine. Shock speed and leverage ratio are very closely tied so the average shock speed is on the same order of magnitude as before so in turn the damping force will be as well. With our link the shock speed is slower at the top of travel compared to the stock link and faster at the bottom of travel so you get more damping force relative to how fast the wheel is moving as you get deeper into the travel.

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 0:11 Quote
CascadeComponents wrote:
oatkinso wrote:
photo

The average leverage ratio for our link and the stock link is very close so the tune is still fine. Shock speed and leverage ratio are very closely tied so the average shock speed is on the same order of magnitude as before so in turn the damping force will be as well. With our link the shock speed is slower at the top of travel compared to the stock link and faster at the bottom of travel so you get more damping force relative to how fast the wheel is moving as you get deeper into the travel.

I was wondering if you guys were watching this thread ha... thanks. Ps what will be the difference between the raw finish and the silver finish you're offering?

O+
Posted: May 7, 2020 at 7:24 Quote
Hey Cascade, does the new link orient the shock in a more forward position that makes it interfere with where the water bottle would be?

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 9:03 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
I was wondering if you guys were watching this thread ha... thanks. Ps what will be the difference between the raw finish and the silver finish you're offering?

Raw is truly raw. No coating of any sort. Silver is clear anodization. A bunch of people requested raw to be an option since they didn't want to wait for ano so we've added it just for pre-orders.

EKrum wrote:
Hey Cascade, does the new link orient the shock in a more forward position that makes it interfere with where the water bottle would be?

The link moves the top of the shock forward a few millimetres. We don't have any issues with the water bottler holders on our bikes, but I can't speak for all of the options out there.

O+
Posted: May 14, 2020 at 14:53 Quote
i'm sure this has been asked before but does anyone know if you can run a 205x60 DHX2 on the carbon V1 sentinel without issues?

O+
Posted: May 14, 2020 at 16:00 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
i'm sure this has been asked before but does anyone know if you can run a 205x60 DHX2 on the carbon V1 sentinel without issues?
I’m running that exact setup on my medium and it works a charm

O+
Posted: May 18, 2020 at 10:18 Quote
Pics of the clearance?
bike2850 wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:
I’m running that exact setup on my medium and it works a charm

O+
Posted: May 18, 2020 at 10:55 Quote
Does anyone know if removing the travel limiter on a float X2 is something that can be done without special tools. I would like to get the cascade link and wondering how easy it is to bump up the travel?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016127
Mobile Version of Website