Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 12:54 Quote
spinzillathespacelizard wrote:
I have to get rid of my cascade link if anybody wants one for their V1 Sentinel.I will give you a price break. Push will not tune my 11-6 with it installed.

thanks yall
If you somehow were to acquire a V2 Sentinel the shock tune would be appropriate for the link Wink

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 14:28 Quote
I have to get rid of my cascade link if anybody wants one for their V1 Sentinel.I will give you a price break. Push will not tune my 11-6 with it installed.

thanks yall

Push are dicks.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 15:41 Quote
CascadeComponents wrote:

thanks yall
If you somehow were to acquire a V2 Sentinel the shock tune would be appropriate for the link Wink

That's exactly what I was thinking, lol.

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 16:40 Quote
D6F3 on my 2021 Float X2

SquattiePippen wrote:
Does anyone know or can share their custom tune ID for their fox float x2 for v2 sentinels

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 18:47 Quote
JonRides wrote:
D6F3 on my 2021 Float X2

SquattiePippen wrote:
Does anyone know or can share their custom tune ID for their fox float x2 for v2 sentinels

Appreciate it. Was after the compression and rebound tunes on the x2. Thanks.

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 19:11 Quote
CL001, RM, Rezi CM

SquattiePippen wrote:
JonRides wrote:
D6F3 on my 2021 Float X2

SquattiePippen wrote:

Appreciate it. Was after the compression and rebound tunes on the x2. Thanks.

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 9:12 Quote
What are folks' opinions about the relative value of the XT and GX builds (priced the same)? I'm focused on:

- Fork/shock: 36/X2 Performance-level vs. Lyrik/SD Ultimate?
- Brakes: XT 4 piston vs. Code RSC?

I prefer Shimano drivetrains, but can live with GX if the dampers and brakes on the GX build are meaningfully better.

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 9:15 Quote
SCbos wrote:
What are folks' opinions about the relative value of the XT and GX builds (priced the same)? I'm focused on:

I prefer Shimano drivetrains, but can live with GX if the dampers and brakes on the GX build are meaningfully better.

seems like lots of people like the shimano XT drive train.. i have the GX build and really like it.. fork/shock feels great.. GX works great.. i have used XT and Code RSC and really like the codes!!!!

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 9:27 Quote
Branny21 wrote:
SCbos wrote:

seems like lots of people like the shimano XT drive train.. i have the GX build and really like it.. fork/shock feels great.. GX works great.. i have used XT and Code RSC and really like the codes!!!!

I'd personally take XT brakes over codes but everything else I prefer on the GX build....

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 9:45 Quote
SCbos wrote:

Had XT brakes on a patrol and constantly battled shitty performance, wandering bite point, and lack of power. In my opinion, the code RSC are superior in every way

Also hard to ignore the fact that you get middle of road fox suspension vs top of line rockshox if you go with the GX build kit. With how cheap Shimano drivetrains are, you could order separate, sell GX as a takeoff and likely be a wash money wise.

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 10:10 Quote
SCbos wrote:

New 2021 Fox is supposed to be very good in terms of performance but also in terms of the internals...this was told to me by people who service and test suspension parts and have huge knowledge...(and who didn't used to like Fox that much so for them to have this opinion now, it must be good).

Be careful, what you hear about Shimano XT brakes and make sure its the 4 pot people are giving their opinion...i've had the 2 pot before and they were great to be honest but they were well-known for the bite-point problems...have XTR 2 pot on one bike, and again they are great...in fact the other day I tried my mate's bike on Hope brakes and they were terrible...and when he tried mine he was impressed on how powerful the XTR (2 pot) were...the reviews on the XT 4 pot are great from what I've read before...but I've always been a Fox (for quality) and Shimano (for cost) fanboy...

To be honest, forget what people say and try them for yourself ideally...what works for some, doesn't for others.

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 16:06 Quote
As for brakes I much prefer the feel of the codes. Shimano brakes are too on/off feeling for me. I can get used to them but I’d rather not.

Last 2 bikes I had all fox factory suspension. This time I went GX and the RS stuff. Really like it so far. Lyrik feels really good off the top and very good mid stroke support. Plenty stuff as well. Took me a bit to get the rebound dialed in as I was used to fox. But once I got that set fork felt really nice. Impressed.

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 18:27 Quote
Hey all, I'm a few weeks out from building up my V2 Sentinel (fingers crossed that shipping isn't delayed). Has anyone tried putting a 170mm Zeb or 38 on theirs? Keen to hear any ride reports/ see photos of anyone doing so.

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 4:09 Quote
squintyfox wrote:
Hey all, I'm a few weeks out from building up my V2 Sentinel (fingers crossed that shipping isn't delayed). Has anyone tried putting a 170mm Zeb or 38 on theirs? Keen to hear any ride reports/ see photos of anyone doing so.

There was a bike check with Hannah Bergeman somewhere recently, maybe Pinkbike, with a 170 Zeb.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015085
Mobile Version of Website