Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 14:05 Quote
Worked with LBS and got my super deluxe submitted for a warranty claim. They will be doing the high flow piston during service and I’m not the first v2 my LBS has done this claim on.

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 19:42 Quote
ehfour wrote:
scottziesman wrote:
ehfour wrote:

I thought the megneg was to give more mid-stroke support? Not sure if that would play well with your train of thought that its too progressive

Im on the V2 with SD ult in the rear and I feel like the rear end is glued to the ground vs V1 with DPX2

Way less spikey with an almost bottomless fee- yet to bottom it out

What are your settings

I’m not sure it’s too progressive, I’m thinking that it’s too firm in the beginning stroke. I’m running two volume reducers about 160 psi and I weight about 180-185lbs. I usually run lsc wide open and have the rebound about in the middle, 5-7 clicks from full open. I think the mid stroke is good, but could have a bit more small bump compliance. The shock ramps up nice, it’s more the beginning stroke that I think I’d like to change.

I’ve been adding volume reducers and dropping pressure chasing the feeling I’m looking for. At about 150 psi I start to bottom too easily.

I feel like the bike could have used a higher starting leverage ratio, so maybe even more progressive than it currently is. Either that or the shock tune is maybe a bit too firm for my taste.

Interesting- we're around the same weight and we are running the same pressure and settings, only difference is I run lsc 2-3 clicks from open.

After some good advice from a local racer here, who has ridden heaps of TRs she suggested that our bikes should have been spec'd with a high-flow piston. Which removes the firm beginning stroke and adds in bottom out resistance

All in all- its $35 plus the cost of full service at Fluid Function.

Something to consider vs shelling out for a new rear shock- Good luck

I think this is going to be my first step. Take the bike to the dealer and ask them to send the shock in for the warranty update to the piston. It makes 100% sense that what I’m feeling is damping related and not spring related. I also got my bike back at the beginning of May so it was one of the earliest models. Still had the 50T cassette and C2 air spring in the fork, so I’m sure that batch probably had the shock issue.

Then I can worry about the megneg next year if needed.

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
so if i got my bike in august.. i do have lots of oil coming out of the shock.. would that make it suspect to need the high flow piston change? i dont really want to take the shock apart to figure it out.. I also dont want to be without a bike for a while lol..

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 14:56 Quote
Branny21 wrote:
so if i got my bike in august.. i do have lots of oil coming out of the shock.. would that make it suspect to need the high flow piston change? i dont really want to take the shock apart to figure it out.. I also dont want to be without a bike for a while lol..

Are you referring to oil accumulating by your o-ring pushed down by the air can wiper seal? If so, some building up is normal. The shock orientation keeps the air cans lubing oil right above the seal on the inside of the air can. You'll probably notice the longer you keep riding, the less oil will be building up after rides. After an air can service, you also notice more oil since it was just freshly added. I think if it looks really excessive and dripping down onto the frame and past the lower eyelet, there might be an issue... Your gonna want to listen for a knocking or clicking sound from the shock to indicate the high flow piston fix. You may be ok since you got it in August, rather than April or May or sometime earlier. However, I got mine in July and it has it..

Posted: Oct 31, 2020 at 7:39 Quote
Branny21 wrote:

Per SRAM it is pretty normal for them to overfill the air cans with grease and oil. They don't know why and added that "if it keeps happening and your damping stops working then it's leaking from within the damper". Pretty ambiguous. I guess the takeaway is that if you lose any adjustment ability warranty it asap.

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 5:38 Quote
To those with a cascade link v1... did you keep the stock volume spacer in the dpx2 or go to a smaller one? Mine should be arriving this week Big Grin

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 5:54 Quote
Jack-Davies wrote:
To those with a cascade link v1... did you keep the stock volume spacer in the dpx2 or go to a smaller one? Mine should be arriving this week Big Grin

I went 1 size smaller. I am probably 175-180 geared up. I also removed the smallest of the two travel reducers.

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 5:59 Quote
Jack-Davies wrote:

I think there were two different size volume spacers spec’d for the v1, depending on when you bought the bike.
I don’t remember which mine had, but I’m using the 0.6 right now with the cc link.
I’m 210ish with gear and running about 18 mm sag and have not really experienced a harsh bottom out.
For me, I think the 0.8 would be too much and haven’t bothered with it.
I still haven’t tried the 0.4. I may put that in there for the next ride and see what happens, but I have a feeling the 0.6 is just right for me. Keep in mind my dpx was tuned for me during its last service.

You’re going to love the cc link!

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 6:18 Quote
Cheers guys! I'm only 150 lbs so may start off with a 0.4 and work up from there.

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 6:38 Quote
What colors did you all get in your CC link? I have the grey sentinel and wonder if the the blue link would look good or if I should go silver or black. Can any of you'll post pics of your bike with the CC link?

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 6:58 Quote
EKrum wrote:
What colors did you all get in your CC link? I have the grey sentinel and wonder if the the blue link would look good or if I should go silver or black. Can any of you'll post pics of your bike with the CC link?
I have the 2018 grey sentinel and ordered the black link. I'll post a photo when it arrives.

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 20:16 Quote
Hey guys,
So I’ve preordered a sentinel and have a few questions.
I live in the NorthEast USA and I’m curious if anyone in the area, or similar condition (rocky, technical, punchy, etc) has a sentinel and could give me an idea how it handles this stuff. I’m currently riding a Scott genius and started doing some enduros and I just feel underbiked on the steeper, Gnarly, faster bike park stages and really pushing it at speed. So I’m looking for a bike that will inspire more confidence when pointed down but can still manage our 6-8 mph week day riding. I know I’m asking a lot out of a bike but just trying to get some feedback; every freaking review, magazine, or YouTube video is dreamy flowy fast west coast descents (and climbs) and it’s just not what we have.
Thanks!

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 7:15 Quote
Casscade link has already arrived! Swapped out the stock 0.6 for a 0.4 and we'll see how she goes if I can get out this weekend. Stoked tup
Cascade link
Cascade link

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 11:58 Quote
Thinking of trying out a coil on my V2. Coil seems like it work really well with the new progressiveness. Anyone know what tune I need to look for?

Posted: Nov 8, 2020 at 11:47 Quote
duffman1976 wrote:
Thinking of trying out a coil on my V2. Coil seems like it work really well with the new progressiveness. Anyone know what tune I need to look for?

The tune on the RS SD air is LL.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007368
Mobile Version of Website