Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Nov 29, 2020 at 3:26 Quote
Just an update...

Harsher ride only noticeable at fast rock gardens! Livelier feel overall, And the landing on bigger jumps/ drops was very smooth.

I used to pump it to 200psi, wich gave 19mm sag

This ride I had 220psi wich gave 17mm sag. I think I ll try to add 10psi more next time, you know? For science...

Thanks for the tips, it was an improvement so I m happy
Cheers

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 0:07 Quote
Another ride, this time with 230psi. No major complaints but I ve only used 50mm of stroke! So, backing off a little bit.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 3:00 Quote
Pyres wrote:
Another ride, this time with 230psi. No major complaints but I ve only used 50mm of stroke! So, backing off a little bit.

In which part of Portugal do you ride? Sintra, Lousa, Algarve?

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 5:19 Quote
gbcarmona wrote:
Pyres wrote:

Sintra
Have you ridden here?

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 9:42 Quote
Pyres wrote:
gbcarmona wrote:
Pyres wrote:

Sintra
Have you ridden here?

Yes...a few times during holidays but never on my own bike...did most of the usual well-know trails starting from Monge...Kamikaze, Pedras Brancas, Fofos...then Burros (the coolest single track trail ever), etc...I'm originally from Cascais...planning to go there again soon and hopefully this time with my own bike (the Sentinel).

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 13:17 Quote
Small world dude. Yeah, looking at your nickname it makes sense Mr Carmona Smile
I live in Amoreira, very close to the Estoril Praia stadium, and I leave home pedaling to the trails.
We have a lot of great new trails around here, and a lot of Transition bikes riders, cause Justbikes is so close.
If you come here, I ll show you around.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 14:06 Quote
photo

Fitted a ZEB (ultimate) ,

Fork feels amazing (if it a little tall @180mm , came from a 160mm yari RC)

Plan on losing a little most of the extra travel to experiment with perfect small bump feels .

And well ... because .... why not !

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2020 at 6:31 Quote
Does any body know if the sentinel will work with 27.5+ wheels and tires? For winter riding a studded 27.5+ would be pretty sweet IMO.

Posted: Dec 7, 2020 at 11:48 Quote
photo

photo

just finished this build , cant wait to get it out on the trails

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2020 at 12:08 Quote
Badass, what is your new head angle with the Zeb?

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2020 at 20:30 Quote
Currently have a Ripmo AF but want a lighter bike and one that is better for rowdy terrain. Is the Sentinel a good option?

Posted: Dec 7, 2020 at 23:29 Quote
duffman1976 wrote:
Badass, what is your new head angle with the Zeb?

63.4 , feels so good. , first proper ride today

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Currently have a Ripmo AF but want a lighter bike and one that is better for rowdy terrain. Is the Sentinel a good option?

We’re all a bit bias as majority of us all own a sentinel... but yes it’s a freaking fantastic option. As someone who’s ridden a ripmo AF back 2 back with my sentinel v2, the v2 is better in every category.

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 7:16 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:

We’re all a bit bias as majority of us all own a sentinel... but yes it’s a freaking fantastic option. As someone who’s ridden a ripmo AF back 2 back with my sentinel v2, the v2 is better in every category.

Dang even climbing?? My RAF climbs like a mountain goat but good to know. I wonder when V2s will be back in stock or at least available for pre order.

Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 10:53 Quote
Just shows you how subjective bikes and bikes performance are. In Kazimer's review of the Sentinel v2 - he put the v2 equal with the Optic - but behind the Ripmo in climbing.

You need to spend some time on one for yourself - if you can find one to demo Wink

My Sentinel weighed 33.5, but it's an xxl. What does your af weigh?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015009
Mobile Version of Website