Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 8:49 Quote
Cwarren79 wrote:
Hey all I'm super stoked my sentinel v2 gx build will be arriving in March or April!!

To people in Europe : how have delivery times been for transition fall 2020 to present? On time? Late? Early? Tia!!

I have ordered my frame over 6 months ago...originally the date was end of Oct / start of Nov...then Brexit, Covid panic buying etc, apparently made a huge mess of the ports in the UK...the vessel had been re-directed to Belgium a few weeks ago and is now waiting for a time slot to be able to dock in the UK...I was told hopefully next week this might happen and then it would take around 2 weeks for the frames to arrive tat the shops.

Bloody hope the bike is good because it has put a bad taste in my mouth...and I've seen other brands releasing bikes well after my order (Trek, Spesh, Evil, SC, etc) and people were able to purchase and receive them...part of me thinks Transition could have done better/more...but maybe I'm wrong.

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 11:59 Quote
Cwarren79 wrote:
Hey all I'm super stoked my sentinel v2 gx build will be arriving in March or April!!

To people in Europe : how have delivery times been for transition fall 2020 to present? On time? Late? Early? Tia!!

Ordered mine in the end of September, and it arrived today at shop. Hopefully will put my hands on it this week Cool

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 12:07 Quote
sirdaemon wrote:
Cwarren79 wrote:

Ordered mine in the end of September, and it arrived today at shop. Hopefully will put my hands on it this week Cool

Filha da puta do Brexit e do Covid bem que me fodeu...tiveste mais sorte do que eu que na volta nem em Janeiro meto as maos no meu quadro, e encomendei bem mais cedo que tu?!

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 12:22 Quote
gbcarmona wrote:
sirdaemon wrote:
Cwarren79 wrote:

Filha da puta do Brexit e do Covid bem que me fodeu...tiveste mais sorte do que eu que na volta nem em Janeiro meto as maos no meu quadro, e encomendei bem mais cedo que tu?!

Sim, estás duplamente lixado Confused

Pensa que já faltou mais Wink Big Grin

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 19:21 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
whiteranger3 wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:

They warrantied it and it feels incredible.

Mine is a first batch (May 2020) v2 but the shock doesn’t make the clicking sound. You think the LBS would still warranty it just to have the piston replaced?

Yep. It still has the wrong piston and should be warrantied

Yep I ended up taking it in. Haven’t heard back so I assume the rockshox rep sent it back

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 21:40 Quote
Cwarren79 wrote:

I live in Germany... placed an order in June and am still waiting. The delivery has been pushed back three times. Now my local bike shop is saying it'll arrive mid-January... we'll see. Not holding my breadth Blank Stare

Posted: Jan 7, 2021 at 10:46 Quote
[Quote="gsgambellone"]
KSP-PRODUCTIONS wrote:
gsgambellone wrote:
Here are some photos of my cracked Transition Sentinel. Not too bad. I rode it this way for six weeks.

What happened there ?![/Quote

OTB onto some rocks. Transition got me a new front triangle within three weeks with a substantial discount.

How long ago did this happen?

Posted: Jan 7, 2021 at 18:13 Quote
[Quote="TheKlausage"]
gsgambellone wrote:
KSP-PRODUCTIONS wrote:

What happened there ?![/Quote

OTB onto some rocks. Transition got me a new front triangle within three weeks with a substantial discount.

How long ago did this happen?

Can't remember exactly but around August.

Posted: Jan 10, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
Here she is Cool

Only things left to do is pedals (HT T1) and Invisiframe.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 21:51 Quote
I just got a sentinel (the grey nx build) I took it for my first ride today and oh man this thing is a blast!
right now I have just the standard nx build but I have a little bit of money (maybe a couple hundred max) that I can use to upgrade or I can save it for replacing parts. I've already ride wrapped it. Is there any upgrade I should really do right now or should I just wait till something breaks?

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 3:58 Quote
Dragonfly- wrote:
I just got a sentinel (the grey nx build) I took it for my first ride today and oh man this thing is a blast!
right now I have just the standard nx build but I have a little bit of money (maybe a couple hundred max) that I can use to upgrade or I can save it for replacing parts. I've already ride wrapped it. Is there any upgrade I should really do right now or should I just wait till something breaks?

Congrats...I would say, ride it until anything breaks...the only real upgrade that could make a considerable difference is probably a better shock...but that will cost you more money! Enjoy...while I still continue to wait for my frame 8 months and counting! Ridiculous!

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 7:55 Quote
Dragonfly- wrote:

I have the same build in loam gold! It doesn't seem as popular as the GX and XO1 build so I have had a tough time finding others and their opinions and choices for changing/upgrading things.

I agree with letting things break/wear out, but the one thing that I changed pretty quick was the rear wheel and cassette. The combo of the two are pretty heavy, I have a carbon wheel and XO1 cassette now and it dropped well over a pound off the back. I believe it really helped with making it feel more spirited while pedaling flat and climbing. This might not be enticing for your type of terrain or riding but just my two cents with this build.

For a few hundred bucks you may be able to put together a lighter wheel back there!

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 9:00 Quote
For $50 bucks or so you could also swap out the NX shifter for the GX version. I rode a bike with an NX shifter for a bit while waiting for my sentinel to arrive and found the shifting really vague. GX version has a solid click and better engagement. Its a little thing but makes the riding experience much more enjoyable.

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 9:19 Quote
For a couple of hundred bucks, Id focus on the touchpoints...the NX build is solid. The only weak spot on the GX/NX is the wheelset, but that is more like $500-$600

1) New grips- take your pick
2) New handlebar- That raceface chester is heavy - take your pick
3) New seat- If you get along with the shape of the Anvl

Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 1:26 Quote
FYI, new fresh batch has arrived in U.K. but, Holy shit...looks like the frame has gone up in price by almost 200 pounds (6.6%) Assume complete bikes will be the same, and it’s a consequence of Brexit (or maybe just to pay for the fact the frames and bikes have been travelling extra around the world to other ports, etc)! Nevertheless, it’s harsh making these frames even more expensive!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005814
Mobile Version of Website